Dozer Piles

Help Support CattleToday:

midTN_Brangusman":3mqiht22 said:
Having some land cleared and was wondering how long I should wait until I burn the piles. Was planning on waiting until this fall but read in another forum that they burn as soon as they pile them. Anyone have much experience with this your input would be greatly appreciated!

Depends on your Local... Weather... Etc I do alot of clearing for my business and if its dry like it is here I haul it home and pile it up until we are not as dry and typically burn while its raining. Before striking a match make sure with your county on permits and such.

Brute 23":34jp8qdg said:
I wait a couple months. I like to re-push them before I light them also. It packs tighter after it dries. If I do that there will be nothing left. Couple days later I will disk it smooth. It will be the greenest spot in the pasture after the next rain.
All it takes to get those good piles going is a couple of empty beer cases and maybe one feed sack and a little diesel..then back up.

I have to wait atleast a month or 2 for mesquite. I can go through 10 gallons of diesel and still have green trunks left. I have about 10 piles right now. One is so big it will show flames all the way to Austin when I light it. I am waiting for a really wet season. With the wildfires the last few years in Tx I am nervous lightin all these suckers. Going to watch all the copperhead and rattlesnakes come pouring out when I do.

I didn't read all th post but in the summer between 7 and 11 days if stacked right the will burn like they are soaked in gas. Just light them off with a Bic. No Diesle or oil or tires. It's spooky how fast they take off.

jedstivers":1qb4ywk1 said:
I didn't read all th post but in the summer between 7 and 11 days if stacked right the will burn like they are soaked in gas. Just light them off with a Bic. No Diesle or oil or tires. It's spooky how fast they take off.
Yep. All these pics taken the same day. Started about 10:am one morning:

Wife lit one with a cig lighter.

then another one..

before sunset the same day.

Latest posts