Dirt Daubers

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
I would like to know if anyone knows how to keep these critters out of a BBq grill.
I use my grill about every eve and meantime keep the cover on it.
Everytime I uncover it and start to use it I have to clean of these little dabs of dried mud. :mad: :mad:

Cal

I was riding the school bus must of been in the 7th grade and a dirt dauber was terrorizing the passengers. I said "dirt daubers won't hurt you".. Caught him in my hand and that's when I found out dirt daubers have stingers. Might try some listerine, Calman :D

Don;t cover it. Daubers tend to build in areas that are protected.

This isn't about grills but do you all remember the conversation we had last year about blue paint on porch roofs repelling mud daubers? We have had daubers making a mess in our garage for years until we were ready to try anything. This past fall, we painted the walls and ceiling of the garage a sky blue. I know, it sounds strange but we live out where the decorating critics can't see us. I am happy to report that so far this spring we do not have one dauber nest in the garage. Sad to say, I opened the grill yesterday and there were three! Blue grills maybe? :lol: