Contest(May) - "Rust"

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
I'm sure we all have something rusting in our backyard, take a pic and submit your entry. Thanks for the idea Nesi :D

You have time to submit your entry up until 22 May, the voting poll will be held from 23 - 31 May. All entries to be submitted via personal message to myself, alisonb, on or before 22 May. The winner will be announced on 1 June. Pic dimensions should be 640x480 pix(or close to that) so please resize before submitting.

Best of luck everybody!

It wasn't my idea..it was mentioned in a previous post (by TB I think).

I've decided what my subject will be already though :)

Just a reminder...time is running out, if you wish to enter contest please do so on or before 22 Mei. Have only received 2 entries so far....

Just sent you a PM with my entry for this month.

I thought about entering this one but decided it wasn't really photo contest worthy.
20120613_16.jpg

creekdrive":3q5h0kqq said:
Just sent you a PM with my entry for this month.

I thought about entering this one but decided it wasn't really photo contest worthy.
20120613_16.jpg

A lot better than anything I've got; everything rusts here in the salt winds but the nature of this farm there's nothing left outside to get on with the oxidation process.
I did take some pics for this. There's nothing good among them. I might send a bad one, or take another, or pick one where the rust is incidental and not the main theme...

I guess it's not such a bad picture - just embarrassing as it was right in the middle of our yard... it's literally 100+ years of scrap metal and various other trash. Just a great big mess. We had a scrap metal guy come and he cleaned up most of it. It looks a lot better now but there is still a bunch of trash to be hauled out someday. And I'm sure we'll be picking up little pieces of metal for the next hundred years where that pile was.

I think it's an interesting subject for a photo contest and I would've guessed there would have been a lot more entries at this point. Everything on our farm has at least 1 spot of rust lol

My boys would kill for a scrap pile like that, they are always building and forging stuff out of old metal (me too, but not the forging, that's their deal).

creekdrive":1qfebtaf said:
I think it's an interesting subject for a photo contest and I would've guessed there would have been a lot more entries at this point. Everything on our farm has at least 1 spot of rust lol

That's what I thought too :)

Latest posts