CLRS Guardian

Help Support CattleToday:

holm25

Reaction score
High selling bull at Hooks Bred for Balance sale last February. Got to see this bull and he is great when it comes to phenotype and you look at his numbers and he is outstanding. I'm not a firm believer in numbers but was impressed when I saw his.

He is a very good looking bull. Lots of very good young Simmental bulls with great EPD's are coming out.
I just placed an order for TJ Gold semen from ABS.

Bumping an old thread to give some feedback. Just calved out 20 heifers bred to him and had some horrific luck. Pulled approximately half, last 4 were over 100 lb bulls topping out at 114lbs.
Nutrition doesn't seem to be a factor considering our herd bull calving ease/BW is staying true to prior years. Maternal sires of over 100lb calves included CONNEALY Conquest, Coleman Regis, and Werner FlatTop. Heterosis possibly a factor here but I have no idea how those BW epds are staying that low.

For reference we bred heifers to Hooks BROADWAY a few years back and the parallels here are odd. Used both when they were semi-proven and were not anywhere near the bulls they were anticipated to be. FWIW we had better luck with Broadway on CE and BW….which is saying something.

Not bad-mouthing just offering my experience for those who might be considering using him.

Latest posts