Child killed by Pittbull

Help Support CattleToday:

peg4x4

Reaction score
Kids were running,yelling,playing in the house-Pitt got off the couch,grabbed youngest boy and killed him..

I heard the other day where a daschund mutilated the genitals off a 4 month old baby boy :( .

http://www.zootoo.com/petnews/daschundm ... ysgenitals
November 6, 2007

WISCONSIN – A 4 month-old Waukegan, Wisconsin boy is in stable condition after a dog chewed off his genitals.

The infant was asleep on a couch when a Dachshund allegedly ate through his diaper – not stopping even when he had chewed the boy's genitals off.

The dog is owned by the girlfriend of the boy's father – authorities suspect it smelled the boy's soiled diaper.

The boy's father says he and the girlfriend were in another room when the incident occurred, at around 1:30 am Sunday. The girlfriend awoke to the boy's screams and found him bleeding profusely before calling 911.

It has been determined that the boy's genitals were too badly damaged to be reattached.

In October of this year, an infant in Memphis suffered genital mutilation when an 8-week old puppy ate through his diaper. That dog was not euthanized because of its age and general demeanor.

It has not been determined what will happen to the Dachshund. The boy is receiving treatment at Children's Memorial Hospital in Chicago

WOW! That is just nasty. I never thought of my weiners doing anything like that. I didn't have them when I had babies, though. Man. Yuck. How awful for that child.

TNMasterBeefProducer":2pbvr3f5 said:
Lammie,

You didnt think your weiners would be eating weiners? Why you think they call em weiner dogs for?

That's strange... And a little disturbing... Eeewwww. I thought it was because they are long and red.

If that would have been me I think I would have killed that dog. The first time our oldest dog nipped our son I beat that dog into the middle of next week. If my wife wouldn't have been home I may have killed her. Lets just say she doesn't mind him now and will kiss his face and let him pull on her ears. She just had to be shown where her new position in the pack was.

ArrowHBrand":1ozh1k84 said:
If that would have been me I think I would have killed that dog. The first time our oldest dog nipped our son I beat that dog into the middle of next week. If my wife wouldn't have been home I may have killed her. Lets just say she doesn't mind him now and will kiss his face and let him pull on her ears. She just had to be shown where her new position in the pack was.

Except that it wasn't a behavior related to pack position, it was just a dog doing what a lot of them do -eating something gross. You can try to train them not to but most will still do it if given a chance. I can't imagine a dog passing up a dirty diaper on its own.

A freak accident really, other than the parents lack of paying attention - maybe a case for neglect could be made, I don't know. Poor child.

Agree that possible charges of parental neglect. NO good parent will leave an infant alone around any dog, regardless of dog's temperament. Been numerous cases over the years of dogs maiming or killing infants.

On another note, small children (i.e., pre-school age) tend to run, holler, scream, jump and pull on things, etc. naturally. Some older "children" who aren't well-mannered and socially disciplined are other accidents and things waiting to happen. Parents of un-civilized children haven't a clue and probably shouldn't be allowed to breed again...lol. Small children around most animals are an accident waiting to happen. Most animals don't like all that sudden movement and high-pitched hollering and may interpret that behavior as "predator" activity and cause them to spook, kick, etc. Also, small children don't have a clue as to what will upset any animal...unless the children are WELL-trained.

I must have had well trained children, my daughter was bought up with two labradour dogs and they never harmed her not even knocked her over when she started to toddle. and I had three cats when my son was small and none ever went near him, good children or good animals or maybe both, well looked after all of them.

Hippie Rancher":3lg3rcfn said:
ArrowHBrand":3lg3rcfn said:

Except that it wasn't a behavior related to pack position, it was just a dog doing what a lot of them do -eating something gross.quote]

I realize that, but I would have blown my stack if my dog would have maimed my son, that is the point I was making. I have two dogs that will eat, literally, anything. I do also believe that neglect charges should be brought against the adults who were home at the time.

My question is why was the baby on the couch and not in a crib?
Both incidents are very terrible and I feel for both families.

I luv herfrds":3vek6k8v said:
My question is why was the baby on the couch and not in a crib?
Both incidents are very terrible and I feel for both families.

especially at one am. i would think the dog shouldnt sleep in the same room as the baby either. supervision is a must for young ones.