Brrrr

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
depending on what forecast you look at, look like we might be at -27F/-33C tomorrow.. currently about 12F with a nasty wind

Gave the cows lots of food today
https://youtu.be/3qZ3buUivrc

That wind looks cold, but the cattle are in good shape and don't seem to mind it. A -27 is getting cold and will be hard on any water lines etc.

Boy it sure looks cold. But they really don't look too concerned. Nice looking hay too. -27 C? so that would be about 0 F? I'm not great on converting. If that is -27 F then I really feel for you.

Wow, I'd probably stay in the truck. Nice video I always like seeing your pics/videos. Really nice country and way different than what I'm used too

Depending on which forecast you believe, we're supposed to be at between -10 and -27F tomorrow
Video was about +10F, excluding wind chill of course

They are in decent shape, a few could use another point of BCS but I'm not worried for them

The late November calf is doing fine, he's well dressed for the weather

Sisters, Hera and Hestia.. Hera can really grow some good hair

Noooo Nesi :shock: , you can keep that weather. The worst we get here is abt -7C, I freeze up then and can't get much done... could actually just hybernate :p .

It looks so pretty though, your animals are in good condition and they look totally unconcerned about the weather.

-38 here this morning. Must be cold enough north of here to freeze the air waves as Silver hasn't chimed in for a bit.

-8 in the valley. I've been sitting on the highway for 2 hours because of a flipped semi. I think I'm just going to mail it in today. Too cold

0F here this morning, windstill

I killed my quad last night, I think the oil was too cold and the big end rod bearing didn't get any, locked up on me

Just now:
https://imgur.com/a/MBZLLLx

In case anyone is wondering if cow turds actually tinkle. The sound will get brighter the cooler it gets from this point. Turn up your sound, it's a bit faint and hard to hear over the crunchy snow
https://youtu.be/mWhRzlD6JGA

Silver said:
Just now:
https://imgur.com/a/MBZLLLx

In case anyone is wondering if cow turds actually tinkle. The sound will get brighter the cooler it gets from this point. Turn up your sound, it's a bit faint and hard to hear over the crunchy snow
https://youtu.be/mWhRzlD6JGA

This made me laugh out loud haha! We tried to clean up the chicken coops this morning and gave up after I was chiseling the poop off.

Real talk though. I live in the city. I didnt drive the right car today haha. I just drove my car sideways for a good two city blocks. In my head i was like this is it. This is when i write this beauty off. Luckily. I didnt get hit. But about 10 people in front of me did. (we have a lot of asian drivers out here and we never see snow)

Looking forward to paying for all the idiots in the LML when my ICBC insurance is renewed on several vehicles this year.

gcreekrch said:
Looking forward to paying for all the idiots in the LML when my ICBC insurance is renewed on several vehicles this year.

This is an actual fact. My husband has totalled 3 cars in the last 10 years. All his fault. He is 4 years older than me. I have never been in an accident but yet my driver rating is worse than his and my insurance is more because of age. The new system makes no sense. I used to insure all the vehicles Bcs it was cheaper under my name. Now, it's cheaper for my husband to insure them even though he's cost ICBC significantly more...

cowgal604 said:
gcreekrch said:

This is an actual fact. My husband has totalled 3 cars in the last 10 years. All his fault. He is 4 years older than me. I have never been in an accident but yet my driver rating is worse than his and my insurance is more because of age. The new system makes no sense. I used to insure all the vehicles Bcs it was cheaper under my name. Now, it's cheaper for my husband to insure them even though he's cost ICBC significantly more...

30 years with no claim and it keeps going up for us.

gcreekrch said:
cowgal604 said:
gcreekrch said:

30 years with no claim and it keeps going up for us.

Makes no sense!

It's my understanding they have opened up other insurers to participate in vehicle insurance. I'd consider shopping around a bit now that, that option is there and call a broker.