Anyone ever had hernia surgery?

Help Support CattleToday:

Talking about sore, seems no matter how you move or breath that belly area hurts. This is as bad as I ever remember hurting, pain meds help but don't totally dull the pain. Today is a lot better than yesterday so hopefully it will get a little better each day.

tom4018":3pha1mfx said:
Talking about sore, seems no matter how you move or breath that belly area hurts. This is as bad as I ever remember hurting, pain meds help but don't totally dull the pain. Today is a lot better than yesterday so hopefully it will get a little better each day.

It's amazing how FAR the Doctors can stretch skin and muscles so they have a nice view when operating...just watch some actual surgical videos...lol.

Guess you haven't taken "enough" pain meds...or, you're trying to do too much. Do you have some of the "good" meds the Dr. prescribes or just the OTC type? No reason for anyone to have to hurt after surgery, along with all the other recovery issues.

:)

Sorry to hear you are hurting, have you got Ibuprofen 400 from your Dr, I found they were good. Hope you feel better soon. as soon as you do you'll wonder why you didn't have the op sooner as the relief from hernia pain is great.

Running Arrow Bill":ork8xr2z said:
tom4018":ork8xr2z said:

It's amazing how FAR the Doctors can stretch skin and muscles so they have a nice view when operating...just watch some actual surgical videos...lol.

Guess you haven't taken "enough" pain meds...or, you're trying to do too much. Do you have some of the "good" meds the Dr. prescribes or just the OTC type? No reason for anyone to have to hurt after surgery, along with all the other recovery issues.

:)
Loratads is what they gave me. I have not really done anything, getting out of bed hurts as mush as anything.

Yep,after 2 abdomenal surgeries I can vouch for it hurting..Take your pain meds,don't be afraid to ask for more.
After about a week you can sit in a chair~and getting there is gonna be FUN! (not!) But you will heal and feel better than you have in a looong time. Do not rush things. Delegate. The work will be there when you are better..(if it is,you better fire the help :lol2: ) btw,it'll take about a year for you to fully recover..

Latest posts