anybody got any strays

Help Support CattleToday:

M5farm

Reaction score
They want to get rid of. Seems as if my place needs a few more. One old gyp last week a young gyp this week. This morning there was about 6 week old puppy in the yard.

That is really sad! It fumes me to no end when people dump animals!!! :mad:
I don't get them around here, the highway gets then first. :frowns:

At our old farm we were about 3 miles either direction to the next house. Used to get dogs dumped all the time. We would settle them down and get them healthy then take them to the city animal shelter and give them money to keep them alive past the normal put them down date. Frequently I would go back and give them more money a month or so later to just keep them going.

We had a couple tomcats dropped off here, One was a beautiful cat, friendly, big, and moused fiercely, he wasn't afraid of catching a big rat, or afraid of wandring into the herd of cows... Unfortunately he wasn't afraid of coyotes either

We have 3 strays for dogs right now but we have had as many as 6, and 4 cats. Two of the cats stay in the house of all places. The last one was a little puppy and the barn cats had him pinned under the rotary mower. If a stray can make it here they have a home. But if they bite or chase cats, cows or deer they get culled. Got to add ducks and geese to the list. We have a nice pond and my wife loves all animals, if someone asks her to keep a animal she does. I have one rule for now no horses.

We will fatten them up some and see if we can find a home if not they go to a no kill shelter. This puppy has me puzzled. They had to of walked In the yard and put it out. It can't be over 6 weeks old. It started looking for a tit to suck on the other dogs.

I get them quiet often. I tell my girls to never buy a dog or take one from someone giving them away because if we need a dog one will show up soon. Actually I get some pretty good dogs like that. I think they appreciate being cared for after being dumped. The latest was back in the winter. There was a long haired dachshund at the gate going into the cow pasture. He was wire haired, poor and had ticks. I brought him home fed and wormed him. In just a few days he looked a lot better. I'm no wiener dog man but he's a good little dog and my wife likes him because he doesn't get into things or dig in her flower bed so he's got a home.

What a cutie M5!
Bless you all for taking them in! :clap:
I too pick them up on the road sometimes, even when I am traveling. I keep a leash in the car just in case. I can't stand to see lost dogs. Sometimes all I can do is drop them off at a local vets. But at least they are safe.

You could really make some money off the young ones I guess. Someone who really wants a dog, post it on Craigslist with a story to go with it and get an extra $100 or so. I wish I could take them off your hands for you but my parents don't want dogs. What kind of health are they in when you get them, do they look the same like same breed and such?

Latest posts