Another Unavailable Medication

Help Support CattleToday:

76 Bar

Reaction score
Noromycin 300 is currently unavailable. Kicking myself for not ordering some a few weeks back. LA 200 appears to be available. I much prefer the former because its efficacy is the same but at a lower dosage/cwt than the latter. Anybody have any insight as to why its not available other than there's a concerted effort to gradually pull livestock antibiotics off the market?

All of the injectable oxytetracycline products went offline a few weeks ago. I heard there was an issue with the bottling process at the plant. LA 200 is already back. I assume that the plant prioritizes the brands that pay them the most, so not all of them came back at the same time. It shouldn't be gone too much longer.

There was some speculation about the timing/coincidence of the "bottle issue", being off the market and the possibility of LA200/300 requiring a RX in 2020. Dunno. But one of my local CoOp's still had both so I bought a 500ml box even though I don't need it (doesn't expire until 2022) juuuuust in case.

76 if you want the 300 they still have 250ml bottles and I can ship them to you.

Latest posts