Ankony

Help Support CattleToday:

TNMasterBeefProducer":2zmi9831 said:
Oldtimer":2zmi9831 said:
Ankony gets bigger.... Last year they bought out Rishel in Nebraska...

http://www.ankony.com/page/1005/in/the/news.html?

I always did like Rishel cattle. It is to bad that he had to sell out. Looks like Ankony is building a cattle empire much like Three Trees Ranch.

Yep- now they have cattle operations in Georgia, Nebraska, Oregon, and Texas...And you're right- the Rishel cattle are probably the best of the whole lot..

I just noticed the new Texas connection. It appears that 44 bought into the ankony empire.. Yes/No. Its my understanding that the owner of 44 also owns the Houston Astros.

I don't know who "44" is either, but I'm familiar with their ranch in Cameron. Interestingly they recently bought a ranch in a neighboring county.

I have always heard about Ankony angus but it wasnt till last month i found out there only about 50 miles away from me in Georgia 8)
I have heard of 44 but never known much about them anyway here is a link to there website.

http://www.44farms.com/

44 bought Ankony is what I was told straight from the manager in Texas, however, the press release makes it sound like it is a co-owned deal. The owner of 44's uncle owns the Astros. And which county did you hear they bought a ranch in TheBullLady???

44 Farms has been around since 2002 or 2003 .... somewhere along those lines. They advertise since 1909 but that is a lot of marketing. The owner's grandpa I believe it was, owned the ranch originally and had commercial cows. They have grown very rapidly and spent a lot of money but I honestly am curious to see just how serious they become about improving the beef industry versus just being a big money player in the registered market. I wish them all the best and want to see them succeed.... our operation is practically next door to them so it's been good for us so far. We are tiny and they have been very good about helping us out so far.

They bought a heifer from me this year and I'm hoping for big things from her in their program..... I believe they will sell her either this fall or next spring and if they get what they are thinking they are going to get for her, it will be huge advertising for me. Watch for 44 Two H Rita 4F07