Always wanted one

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl8

Reaction score
After seeing a grandfather clock on FB marketplace, I stated looking at them. Wanted one forever. I don't like all that I see, some have way too much brass. Had one I was interested in, thought I had it, but someone bought it out from under me. You have to be fast, decide quick and go for it. Found another, further away, 2 hours. They said it didn't work but kept time, but what it was doing didn't make sense. I questioned them about it, but they couldn't give any direct answers. Figured, how hard can they be to fix. 150 dollars was cheap, if we didn't like the clock later on, we could use its guts and make our own.
Anywho, was exactly what I wanted. Didn't ask many questions, didn't have much time. Shoved it in our truck, after removing hangy things and taping up wiggly bits.
What she said didn't work was 2 weights quit dropping. It has a feature of turning off the chimes, she had that turned off. On the way home with it, I thought, those weights must drive the chimes. If the chimes are off, those weights probably don't move. Well, that is right. Clock works perfect. Love the sounds and you can barely hear it in our bedroom which is good. Its actually not really loud.
One day clocks are going to worth something again. If a person was smart and had room, picking up these clocks while people see no value to them and storing them till people see value in them again might be smart. This clock was probably 2500 back in the 90s when it was made. You cant even buy movements for 150, which was the reason we got this clock. But I love it just like it is...

I have an older 4th or 5th cousin somewhere down the line. He actually collects old clocks. He had this video of all his old clocks. I wish I could find it to share with you. I used to have him on my Facebook but I don't have facebook anymore. I believe you would really enjoy it. I'm not so much in to collecting clocks but I did enjoy watch the video and seeing all the different ones. It's not that I don't like old clocks I definitely find them neat just don't collect them.
It's really cool you got your new old one working. Patience goes a long ways. ❤

Latest posts