4 Wheelers, and ATV operators use caution.

Help Support CattleToday:

highgrit

Reaction score
My neighbor and good friend rolled his 4 wheeler and is in the hospital. He is 57yrs. old and has plenty of common sense, his lower back is ruined and he has 3 broken ribs and is having a hard time breathing. With Christmas coming up make sure the kids that ride get a helmet. Merry Christmas, and stay safe.

Thats not good. Hope he gets healed up.
As i type my neighbors grandkids ages about 9 and 5 are tearing around their place and up and down the road on their quads with no adult rider and no helmets. I had to run 2 short fences to keep them out of a spot that they go in and out of. It wasnt fenced in previously and they made a trail.
No tresspassing signs dont mean anything anymore.

highgrit":hhpslqtp said:
My neighbor and good friend rolled his 4 wheeler and is in the hospital. He is 57yrs. old and has plenty of common sense, his lower back is ruined and he has 3 broken ribs and is having a hard time breathing. With Christmas coming up make sure the kids that ride get a helmet. Merry Christmas, and stay safe.
A helmet would sure have protected his lower back and ribs. :???:
Maybe the government will pass another regulation to protect us all from ourselves. :help:

Ryder":nd1b16qq said:
highgrit":nd1b16qq said:
A helmet would sure have protected his lower back and ribs. :???:
Maybe the government will pass another regulation to protect us all from ourselves. :help:

One of those protective vests might have although I never use safety gear when rising mainly because I ride with a purpose (hunting, moving bales etc.)

highgrit":25qt5ipw said:

Very, very sad. His family must be terribly upset. I second the message about head protection!

I knew a man who was riding by himself and the contraption turned over and broke his back. He got to where he could walk but was very spastic.
He laid on the ground for hours before somebody found him.

Read a news story about another man not too far away that had the same thing happen. But he landed in a bed of fire ants.

Not a good scene.

yes ATVs an 4 wheelers are dangerious even when your doing something as safely as you can.when i was younger i flipped a 3 wheeler over on me.an i learned that day that no matter how safe you are things can happen.

slick4591":1b22ow6c said:
Those 3-wheelers were an accident looking for a place to happen.
they was good to me i rode them for 6yrs or more before the 4 wheelers can out.i hate to say this but ive been riding 3 an 4 wheelers for 32yrs.youd be suprised where all i could ride the 3 wheeler.

few years back my son was in front of me on his quadrunner, and i was behind him in a truck going to the farm.. one of the neighbor had thrown some tamatoes out in the road, and he just kinda eased around to miss em... while going through the gate his right rear tire caught the gate post and flipped it twice in the air, through him off, and the 4 wheeler landed on it wheels... thank God he was'nt hurt... that woke us both up

bigbull338":19gpz0t6 said:
slick4591":19gpz0t6 said:
Those 3-wheelers were an accident looking for a place to happen.
they was good to me i rode them for 6yrs or more before the 4 wheelers can out.i hate to say this but ive been riding 3 an 4 wheelers for 32yrs.youd be suprised where all i could ride the 3 wheeler.

Glad one never got you. Back in the day when they became popular the local hospital called the PD every time they had an injury come in that was associated with one. No telling how many incident reports I alone have filled out because of them. Weekends were crazy with injuries.

About like the old trike tractors with 10 times the speed and users with a quarter common sense

A 4 wheeler flipped over backwards on me coming out of the back of the truck. I backed up to a tank dam and there was too much slope there. The truck could have been moved to a better locale. One of those things you look back at with 20/20 hindsight - all kinds of ways to do it safely but it was done in a hurry. Luckily there were no injuries.

There have been no other incidents in all those hours (years) of riding. The one I use is 24 years old and still going. Probably because it was not abused. It has been worked hard.

backhoeboogie":38i8c1o3 said:
A 4 wheeler flipped over backwards on me coming out of the back of the truck. I backed up to a tank dam and there was too much slope there. The truck could have been moved to a better locale. One of those things you look back at with 20/20 hindsight - all kinds of ways to do it safely but it was done in a hurry. Luckily there were no injuries.

There have been no other incidents in all those hours (years) of riding. The one I use is 24 years old and still going. Probably because it was not abused. It has been worked hard.

My favorite quad to use is an '86 model Boogie, it is now finally broke in . :lol: I grew up quading/triking ,even though I was a city girl and taught to respect the power they have and always be aware of your surroundings. However, I can see how easily things can happen even though you have done something 50 thousand times before.

I hope your friend makes a full and speedy recovery Highgrit.

Its good to use common sense when driving any motor vehicle/ Seems every so often someone dies when they are on their ATV-so sad and so preventable.

Latest posts