4-Wheeler Accident

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
I was gone yesterday afternoon looking at bulls and going with a friend to a card making party.

Got home last night and son came limping into the kitchen. :shock:
He had gone out scouting for deer. Has 1 tag left to fill.
He had stopped on a hill side and did not realize he had stopped with a rear tire in a badger hole.
Next mistake was he stepped off on the downhill side and the 4-wheeler rolled over on him.
Was wearing his helmet, but his left knee took a pretty hard hit. Has a scratch on his face from a piece of weed and a scratch on the back of his neck.

The 4-wheeler is parked.

Sorry he had a mishap, but sounds like just the right kind for a kid to have: no serious injury, but scary enough to make him a little more careful.

sorry to hear the 4 wheeler rolled/flipped over him.but please get him back on the 4 wheeler asasp.because if you dont he maybe scared to drive it anymore.when i was a kid i flipped a 3 wheeler on me late 1 nite.the next morning my dad filled it up with gas an made me get back on it.even tho i was sore an hurting.he said he wasnt gonna have me scared to ride it.

He drove it home. He's not scared of it. He does understand it was his fault for not paying more attention. It is parked until his knee is better.

Had a funny feeling on my head last night. More gray hairs this morning. :lol2: :lol2:

i have that feeling everytime i let my older bro run a peice of new equipment.the front hub an bearings blew out on the big loader tractor.so i had to show him how to run my new tractor to move hay.an i was cringing the whole time.i also cring when my nephews want to use the tractor anything.the nephews still think they gonna get to use the new tractor when they get home.

Thank the good Lord that it wasn't worse. I am very happy that he will heal to ride another day, and think twice about where he parks his quad . ;-)

2 wheeler's,3wheelers,and 4wheelers all have the upperhand and sooner or later they will show you.
Have scars from all three.
Glad it wasent as bad as it could have been.

Cal

Sounds like you dodged a bullet on that one. There are some serious four wheeler accidents happening out there. I'm glad his injuries seem only minor.

Glad he is OK. One's thing's for sure there's nothing like having the kids scare the livin crap out of you. You can go from glad you're alive to I'm gonna sell that darned thing in about 5 sec.

BTW he's a teenager. You will want to try to get used to this kind of stuff, it's inevitable.............been there, done it, and have the T-shirt

Why is it that we never think twice about when we do these dumb things? We're happy we're basically okay and the wheeler is basically okay. But let a son or daughter do the same thing and it scares the bell out of us. Funny how that works. Glad your son is okay. It ain't the last time for sure. :cboy:

Latest posts