10-3-13 shots fired on capital hill

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not follow one particular party... I vote based on the partys platform. I feel like this repub ruling days are numbered it seems as though with newer younger people being more open and acceptable to things that were taboo that kept repubs in control are a dying breed. This gov't shutdown and on news where the repubs arent willing to budge is all that is going to stick in peoples minds that do not research facts and figures and hear that all they want to do is block and give obama a hard time. Unfortunately the media can hurt you alot more than it can help sometimes. I think that the repub party needs to redesign the platform in order to remain in control and not be out numbered. Just like farming the same thing they did farming 100 years ago has been revamped with new equip and ways of doing something.

skyhightree1":cn7fauxf said:
I understand that but im stating the base ideology of that party was not founded by him. He is in that party and represents the parties ideology so it wouldn't make sense for him so say he is with the party and then go completely against the party. If im a member of P.E.T.A and only hunt on the weekends that wouldn't make much sense. So being in a particular party as the executive that wouldn't make sense to follow your opponents ideology. " when in rome do as romans do " comes to mind in this discussion.
He doesn't follow--he LEADS (his party) in their and his ideology.
Rome fell from grace and prominence in 476 ce and is now nothing more than a historical city full of the results of "when in Rome...."

Mid terms--believe this--you can take it to the bank. The conservatives will retain in control of the House. The Senate will remain as it is now with "maybe" a very few senate seats going to the progressives, but that is completely moot since they already have control of the Senate. Conservatives in the house are from demographics that are solid GOP districts--they--- especially Tea Party house members, aren't going anywhere.

That "not budging" thing, works both ways.

I think we have utterly failed now to educate people on basic civics. Time was, people could agree to disagree, and not wish a President to be assassinated.
You will never find a (sane) person who detested a sitting president more than I detested George W. Bush. I could go on and on as to why, but I think his record surely speaks for itself. And as much as I hated Bush, that was but a fraction of the enmity I felt for that evil bloodless man Dick Cheney.

In short, to anyone sad that our President wasn't killed today: many of us hated the prior president as much as you hate this one. (And in our view, of course, with much greater cause).

But I never heard the casual wish that Bush be assassinated. And I never wished it on him, nor would I.

It is repugnant to me to hear such talk. We, as Americans, are, or should be, better than that.

And the statement that every single person in this country who didn't vote for YOUR candidate is "scum"? Bit harsh, no?

I just want my phone or to see something in return for all the money I send them each quarter. Just something. A crust of bread. A crumb. Anything.

But I never heard the casual wish that Bush be assassinated. And I never wished it on him, nor would I.

It is repugnant to me to hear such talk. We, as Americans, are, or should be, better than that.

And the statement that every single person in this country who didn't vote for YOUR candidate is "scum"? Bit harsh, no?
boondocks
Cowhand

It's your story, ya can tell it like ya want, but I heard LOTS of people "from the other side of the paradigm" state they wished that GWB was dead and they weren't at all particular how he got it. Heard one person say they wished Air Force One would crash. Another said they wished a mile wide asteroid would hit Crawford Texas. Another lamented that an Iraqi mortar didn't fall on the chow hall when Bush secretly popped in to visit the troops in Baghdad. Oh the horror--people speaking with a bit of literary license--where oh where will it end?.

I just figured it was nothing more than the heat of politics, just people exercising their 1st Amendment Rights and I, being of sound mind and (mostly sound) body, and being a reasonably intelligent adult, just blew it off it, but evidently........... now---in this suddenly New and Improved & Politically Correct America, that kind of talk almost overnight, fell into a category somewhat akin to drowning kittens, and in hindsight, I suppose I was obligated to loudly and frequently express righteous indignation.
Too late now but there's always 2016--I'm quite sure the worm will eventually turn and I'll have plenty of chances to get my drawers in a wad over someone else's opinion regarding how to extract someone from political office..

If you keep watching CNN you will think a lot of things. Don't start crying on here when you can't get the care you need, or the care your kid needs, or your wife if you aren't going to call a spade a spade.

If you look at the margin of victory of most presidential elections, it is very minimal. There is no dying party on either side. I'm more willing to do anything now than ever before, as many are.

Do I want him to die? That isn't for me to decide. Do I want him impeached for his crimes? yes. And you are correct, it isn't just him. The entire mob he runs needs to be held accountable.

Sky, when was the last time an attorney general was held in contempt by congress? Do you not think the IRS acted way out of bounds by not allowing conservative groups the same tax status as liberal groups who were no questioned? Do you think it is okay to give wavers from the health care bill to some companies and not others? This is tyranny- picking and choosing favorites and punishing your opposition. This needs to be dealt with and I truly hope it is dealt with. It will be ugly, but it is already ugly.

They just robbed you of thousands of dollars each and every year. Take what you have been paying in health care, subtract what you will be paying in health care and that is what you will be robbed next year and each consecutive year. Is the money going to go for care, no. Is it going to someone else's pocket- yes.

But keep your head down and work really, really hard so that you still don't have anything but don't blame the a$$e$ that took it from you, blame the evil Tea party that wants the excessive taxation to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts