Roughage buster

Help Support CattleToday:

ADM...means it's probably expensive. I'm sure it works but a lot of products out there that will do the same job and probably less money.

Thanks guys.

Our primary concern is to avoid products that contain grain. We market grassfed/finished beef.

Our secondary concern is to avoid GMO/pesticide sprayed products. Our customers are pretty savvy and do quiz us on things like this.

MarkM":3unpcw0w said:
Thanks guys.

Our primary concern is to avoid products that contain grain. We market grassfed/finished beef.

Our secondary concern is to avoid GMO/pesticide sprayed products. Our customers are pretty savvy and do quiz us on things like this.

Might want to consult the ingredients on the feed tag. Believe processed grain byproducts are used in these tubs. Also would be my guess the grains would likely contain some gmo product.

Grassfed producer I am familiar with uses alfalfa hay as protein supplement.

Ingredients
Feed Grade Biuret (Biuret, Triuret, Cyanuric Acid, Urea), Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Cottonseed Meal, Salt, Calcium Sulfate, Soybean Meal, Corn Gluten Feed, Linseed Meal, Dehulled Soybean Meal, Cane Molasses, Calcium Carbonate, Petrolatum, Defluorinated Phosphate, Potassium Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Magnesium Oxide, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin A Acetate, Mineral Oil, Paraffin Wax, Hemicellulose Extract, Potassium Iodide, Lignin Sulfonate, D-Activated Animal Sterol (Source of Vitamin D3), Vitamin E Supplement, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite.

Lots of NPN ....only grain by-product listed is corn gluten feed. Not real impressive though. Looks like one of the old poured tubs from TSC @ $35.00.

Beginning to look like alfalfa may be the choice. I was hoping for something a little more economical.

TB, thanks for pointing out the corn gluten. I think that alone will make the choice for me on Roughage Buster.

Latest posts