Wynne Brangus

Help Support CattleToday:

anewcomer

Reaction score
Long time reader, first time post. Does anyone have any information or experience with Wynne Brangus in Fort Pierce, Fl. Thanks.

u4411clb":2crhpd9f said:
After looking at the website sign me up. Very beefy and very clean underlines.
YOu should be able to get the same thing out of the Cow Creek Ranch cows there in your neck ofthe woods.

I have used Cow Creek Brangus bulls before and liked them allot. I know Brangus is a fixed percentage but these bulls on that Wynne Ranch website seem to show more Angus influence than the bulls from Cow Creek even though I know they are the same 5/8 - 3/8 percentage. I haven't dealt with Cow Creek since the owner died but they were as class an organization to be so large that you will ever find.

u4411clb":3788jsfp said:
I have used Cow Creek Brangus bulls before and liked them allot. I know Brangus is a fixed percentage but these bulls on that Wynne Ranch website seem to show more Angus influence than the bulls from Cow Creek even though I know they are the same 5/8 - 3/8 percentage. I haven't dealt with Cow Creek since the owner died but they were as class an organization to be so large that you will ever find.
its what you select for. within the breed.... but in my commercial herd i had to cut it down to a 1/4 brahman influence to get that type... which is where im slowly getting..

u4411clb":ez5bm20s said:
There are brangus bulls that will knock a lot of sheath and navel off cattle as well as a bit of the ear. I've had some that would almost pass for angus (from a distance). Just a bit more frame and more leather. And as you said the folks at Cow Creek are top notch. They were having a sale this month also. May already be history by now.

I was actually looking at them the other day for a possible bull purchase next year. Got a reply back from Wynne that their yearling bulls start off at $2,750. I know these cattle look outstanding, but for a yearling bull thats a bit much. (I'd be looking to get one at around $1,750 max). I talked to Mo Williams (of "Mo Brangus"), he said his 2 year olds go to a sale in Arcadia every year and fetch about $3k/head on avg. (Doesn't sell as yearlings b/c he wants em fully tested/checked out). They just did the sale last week though. Another source is http://www.littlecreekbrangus.com/ Although the website leaves a lot to be desired, its probably worth a check out... they apparently send their bulls to a sale down in Okeechobee later this month. http://www.floridacattlemen.org/events.html
I drove past Little Creek everyday when I worked at a horse farm in college but the cattle were never close enough to the road for me to check out.

Why don't you check out AI from some Australian Brangus? The breed is doing very well over here. Check out the Brangus site for breeder sites. There are a few breeders using Brinks lines with Australia's higher content Brahman (Brangus ) Lets hope Australian breeders don't stuff things up and get too much of the one bloodline like some Angus breeders are doing.

I thought their gate was peculiar too, but wasn't sure if it was video speed or something. Anyone know of a good registered brangus source in Florida where you can buy a breeding age bull for around $1,800? (About 15-18 months old I guess).

...Typical customer, I want top notch quality at a run of the mill price.

brihop said:
I thought their gate was peculiar too, but wasn't sure if it was video speed or something. Anyone know of a good registered brangus source in Florida where you can buy a breeding age bull for around $1,800? (About 15-18 months old I guess).

...Typical customer, I want top notch quality at a run of the mill price.[/quote] best way to do that, is find the best bull in the bunch. ""without him being aware of it.'''. then over look him for the lesser one. then dicker on the price. till he drops it, then tell him you'll add a little to that for the best one :p

brihop":1yom6z1n said:
I was actually looking at them the other day for a possible bull purchase next year. Got a reply back from Wynne that their yearling bulls start off at $2,750. I know these cattle look outstanding, but for a yearling bull thats a bit much. (I'd be looking to get one at around $1,750 max). I talked to Mo Williams (of "Mo Brangus"), he said his 2 year olds go to a sale in Arcadia every year and fetch about $3k/head on avg. (Doesn't sell as yearlings b/c he wants em fully tested/checked out). They just did the sale last week though. Another source is http://www.littlecreekbrangus.com/ Although the website leaves a lot to be desired, its probably worth a check out... they apparently send their bulls to a sale down in Okeechobee later this month. http://www.floridacattlemen.org/events.html
I drove past Little Creek everyday when I worked at a horse farm in college but the cattle were never close enough to the road for me to check out.

Wynne Ranch bulls are well worth that amount of money and more. They are all very good friends of mine and raise some of the best brangus bulls in the country and really concentrate on top end genetics and carcass. anewcomer Frank Lewis is the manager and is a very nice guy and a real hand, Matt Borkowski is the office manager and would be another good person to talk to get on there bull list. You are right the yearling bulls do start at $2,750 and go up to $10,000. I have no problem spending money on better bulls, cuz the better bulls are gonna cost you more for a reason. I just paid $4,500 for a brangus bull from Chris Hardee in Chiefland Florida. Matthew Wynne and Frank Lewis really concentrated on the Duke line for years and still own WR Duke 228F, which is in the top 3 in over 3 traits in the breed, YW, WW, and SC. They are starting to really build now on the Csonka line. I can assure you if you can get one of there bulls you wont be dissapointed.

brihop":1v1luvcy said:

...Typical customer, I want top notch quality at a run of the mill price.

the only place you can find a brangus bull that cheap would be at the local stockyard. with sale averages this year at all the sales its gonna be real hard for you to find a reg. brangus bull worth anything at $1,800 even at private treaty. You might can try the Ocala all breed bull sale in January, but good luck!! Florida Brangus breeders are at least gonna start out at $2,500 and I know them all personally. Wynne Ranch, Hardee Farms, Tommy Taylor of Little Creek, Mo Williams of Mo Brangus, Haymans 711 Ranch, Southern Accent Farms.

I'll be in the market for a 2yo reg brangus bull in the 2500-3000 range after we get all we can from current bull. Thanks for the info!

No problem good luck and if you need anymore info or contacts for any of these guys let me know. Like I said before I know them all personally.

Latest posts