Would you rather be a ......

Help Support CattleToday:

Named'em Tamed'em

Reaction score
Would you rather be a multimillionaire with ocean front property on both coasts or a regular fella that can repair most things that break? My good buddy is bringing his granddaughters bike over for me to put training wheels on it today. I totally don't mind but I just can't imagine it. I would feel helpless, I've built every house we've lived in. I actually built his house too (with boat ramp). Don't get me wrong he's a great, smart guy and super honest and his business does $65 million plus a year. I'm sure his convertible BMW cost more than all my cars together and boy is it fast. I'll just stick to what I have I recon.

I would like to be the person that could fix everything... and since I am not rich with houses and cars and "STUFF" .... it is a shame I can't be a regular person that can fix everything... since I can't.
Missed the boat somewhere...:rolleyes:
But yeah, I could put training wheels on a bike...

or a regular fella that can repair most things that break?

Tho being a multimillionaire brings it's own problems and I've known a few over the years, I'm just going to say that I am absolutely fed up and tired of being the one that knows stuff, that can look at something and knows 'how it works', knows how to fix it because he knows why it works that way. I been 'that guy' my whole life (soon to be 73) and I'm really tired of it.

Tho being a multimillionaire brings it's own problems and I've known a few over the years, I'm just going to say that I am absolutely fed up and tired of being the one that knows stuff, that can look at something and knows 'how it works', knows how to fix it because he knows why it works that way. I been 'that guy' my whole life (soon to be 73) and I'm really tired of it.
My wife and kids expect me to be able to fix most everything.

Well, the best way I have of holding on to my money is doing as much stuff for ourselves as I can. I make pretty good money all things considered so maybe if I keep using my weekends to get busted and scratched up fixing sh** then I'll wake up a millionaire one day :ROFLMAO:

Hell, I don't have a good answer, but I'm with Greybeard about how tiresome it is to see somebody's gears turn and then they say "you work on (insert thing) some, right?" and you already know you're about to get roped into some crap.

Hell, I don't have a good answer, but I'm with Greybeard about how tiresome it is to see somebody's gears turn and then they say "you work on (insert thing) some, right?" and you already know you're about to get roped into some crap.
[/QUOTE]

You can bet the millionaire gets plenty of sob stories and ideas from people trying to rope him into spending his money. The one constant between the two is most people around them are there because they think they can gain something. Be it money or free labor.

I actually had this conversation with a customer once as I was repairing something for her. She says " I wish my husband was handy like you". I looked at her and said " Mary, I wish I had as much money as your husaband so I could pay people to fix stuff." She laughed and said " I really never thought about it like that". We were good friends then and still are so I knew she wouldn't get offended and would appreciate the perspective.

You can bet the millionaire gets plenty of sob stories and ideas from people trying to rope him into spending his money. The one constant between the two is most people around them are there because they think they can gain something. Be it money or free labor.
Shoot, I know that's gotta be true. Never met many rich men though that didn't know the difference between their friends and their "friends"

Would you rather be a multimillionaire with ocean front property on both coasts or a regular fella that can repair most things that break? My good buddy is bringing his granddaughters bike over for me to put training wheels on it today. I totally don't mind but I just can't imagine it. I would feel helpless, I've built every house we've lived in. I actually built his house too (with boat ramp). Don't get me wrong he's a great, smart guy and super honest and his business does $65 million plus a year. I'm sure his convertible BMW cost more than all my cars together and boy is it fast. I'll just stick to what I have I recon.
I would rather be the multi-millionaire...who wouldn't?! If I was, I would pay people to do stuff even if I knew better than they did how to do it! I think it is awesome for people who can afford it, to someone to do hire most anything they don't wanna do. They are being generous and sharing their wealth, without making the others feel like it is charity or a hand out.

I would rather be the multi-millionaire...who wouldn't?! If I was, I would pay people to do stuff even if I knew better than they did how to do it! I think it is awesome for people who can afford it, to someone to do hire most anything they don't wanna do. They are being generous and sharing their wealth, without making the others feel like it is charity or a hand out.
He's hired me for several projects around the house and pays well. Sometimes he pays my wife because I won't take it. Hide this in his underwear drawer 🤣
Today I'm charging him an IPA!

My real thought on this from my experience with wealthy people is most of then got where they are by being really focused and good at one thing or one area. They don't have time to just learn more and more about random things. Even if they did know how, they wouldn't have the time to mess with it themselves.

I know there are exceptions to every rule but generally that wealth is not accumulated tinkering around in a shop or barn all the time.

I have fixed a lot of things I know nothing about (washing machines, small motors, things like that) by taking them apart and putting them back together. Guess there was a short or a loose connection. Repaired holes in roofs, plumbing. It's fun. Helped fix some people too working as a nurse.

Latest posts