Why are tattoos so popular?

Help Support CattleToday:

herofan":3piq48yg said:
Atimm693":3piq48yg said:
What I don't get is ear gauges.. Why you would want your earlobes to hang like a wizard's sleeve is beyond me.
I don' t get them either. Do those people actually look in the mirror and think, "wow, that looks great!"
I'm old school. It's gotta be a bone through ears or nose like National Geographic.

I was at Subway and the young girl making my sandwich had a tiny diamond chip in her nose.
Honestly when I first saw it glint... I thought it was a bit of snot on her nose.
I don't think that was the look she was going for.

Jogeephus":37w63jdk said:
Nesikep":37w63jdk said:
I've thought about getting one, I'd place it high on my arm.. It would be a combination of cattle an other things blended together, but I'm not artistic enough to really be able to get it drawn up... I would probably place it so it's hidden by a T shirt

If you decide to do this don't get drunk in Tijuana and hire a fella named Juan Fernando to tattoo an angus bull on your arm because Juan don't know be nice about cattle even though he says different.

14956568_1794392304149381_195724662490456580_n.jpg
I think that looks a lot like Brute 23's avatar pic!

Son of Butch":1gkaw2c2 said:
herofan":1gkaw2c2 said:
Atimm693":1gkaw2c2 said:
What I don't get is ear gauges.. Why you would want your earlobes to hang like a wizard's sleeve is beyond me.
I don' t get them either. Do those people actually look in the mirror and think, "wow, that looks great!"
I'm old school. It's gotta be a bone through ears or nose like National Geographic.

I was at Subway and the young girl making my sandwich had a tiny diamond chip in her nose.
Honestly when I first saw it glint... I thought it was a bit of snot on her nose.
I don't think that was the look she was going for.

I've seen people with a u shape in their nose with a little ball hanging out each nostril. It looks just like someone with snot hanging out their nose. I can't imagine that is the look they were going for.

herofan":etjpucut said:
I've seen people with a u shape in their nose with a little ball hanging out each nostril.
It looks just like someone with snot hanging out their nose. I can't imagine that is the look they were going for.
I assume functional not ornamental, probably had it since childhood... to break them from picking.

I just went to Walmart to pickup dinner, cheap cordless drill and drinks.
I have no tattoos or piercings, wrangler britches, button up shirt, boots and a straw hat.
Everyone looked as me like I was the weirdo :D

Cross-7":v097zcbn said:
I have no tattoos or piercings, wrangler britches, button up shirt, boots and a straw hat.
Probably had nothing to do with the clothes but everything to do with the face. :lol2: :hide:

TexasBred":1q2qo4va said:
Cross-7":1q2qo4va said:
Probably had nothing to do with the clothes but everything to do with the face. :lol2: :hide:

I bet that's right
I ain't very pretty :lol:

Cross-7":5u6tqvun said:
One of these things is not like the others. Have you seen the People of Walmart website/pics? Yikes!!

i think it totally depends on the person..or girl..some I cn look at and like..others..including my niece..i wonder wtf they were thinkin.
every one f mine has a story. a life lesson or meaning....some people get stupid crap just to get stupid crap..those I don't get either..but ink on a hot chick don't turn me off any

callmefence":3jy965hz said:
TCRanch":3jy965hz said:
One of our vets is the last person you would expect to have a tattoo (very religious, devoted family man) but has a "wedding band" tattooed on his ring ringer in lieu of his ring. I certainly understand why he doesn't wear his actual ring (I don't on the ranch) and find his tat endearing.

I came close to the wedding band tattoo way back before it became common. I can't stand jewelry of any kind."on me" even sunglasses bother me. I kinda though me not wearing the ring bothered my bride, so I considered that. Never did it though.

The only tattoo I have is a wedding band. I work with electronics during the day and farm at night. No way would I wear a ring!

I've just never felt the need for one....nor had the desire for one. Some that are colorful are really pretty but most are nothing but black or blue and look like they were done in a prison cell.

dieselbeef":d85l0p4e said:
every one f mine has a story. a life lesson or meaning....some people get stupid crap just to get stupid crap..those I don't get either..but ink on a hot chick don't turn me off any

Im just curious, did you grow up around people with tattoos? Was it a norm? I've had life lessons and lost loved ones and all that kind of thing, but it never crossed my mind to address it with a tattoo. I guess just a different personal culture. Just like I'm sure it doesn't cross too many people's minds in NY city to eat pinto beans with a ham hock like me because it's just not their culture.

herofan":36tmlfod said:
dieselbeef":36tmlfod said:

Im just curious, did you grow up around people with tattoos? Was it a norm? I've had life lessons and lost loved ones and all that kind of thing, but it never crossed my mind to address it with a tattoo. I guess just a different personal culture. Just like I'm sure it doesn't cross too many people's minds in NY city to eat pinto beans with a ham hock like me because it's just not their culture.

nope..nobody I knew had any. none of my family til I got one...now ive got at least 5..but ive got waaaaaay more scars...cant really pin down why I got em..but like I said..life stories for me

Latest posts