What in the devil is the deal with egg and chicken prices these days?

Help Support CattleToday:

I just got a deal from Walmart on chicken. They threw in about $9 worth of skinless chicken breast that was not even on my curbside order. I was not charged for it at all. Frozen chicken thighs are still much cheaper than breast.

I think one of the best meals you can eat for the money is a spatchcocked chicken on the smoker or grill. Last time I bought a 5# whole chicken it was $10-12.

I ain't looked at a store bought egg in so long idk what they even go for these days I've got over 100 laying hens and idk how many baby pullets being raised right now
Most of the humans species doesn't farm anymore. At one time, most Americans were into some degree of ag work. Thank you handful of farmers, commercial fishermen, beekeepers, horticulturalists, truck gardeners, nurserymen, commercial hunters, sheepmen and ranchers for feeding, medicating and clothing all the rest of us. Yes, ag produces some pharmaceutical products too.

Last edited:
I ain't looked at a store bought egg in so long idk what they even go for these days I've got over 100 laying hens and idk how many baby pullets being raised right now
I had a couple dozen laying hens. Didn't take me long to figure out I don't care for tending chicken's. So I gave the hens to my cousin and told her you don't owe me a dime just bring some eggs by when you have to many....I made a good deal right there.lol

That is good that salt isn't a problem for you, makes eating a lot simpler.
Salt really messes with my Ménière's disease which is fluid in the inner ears, so when I eat a potato it's unsalted butter, and pepper, on a rare occasion maybe a spoon of sour cream.
By the way did I read that right that you put butter in your coffee? Your a better man than me if can do that.😂. I can't even hack butter on bread or a bun with a hamburger or steak sandwich.
Lol. Butter in coffee is really good, try it.
Whats funny is people will act like it's crazy, all the while spooning sugar and creamer in theirs.

Are you selling those eggs or are you with eggs like @MurraysMutts is with cheese? :D
Nothing wrong with a lil eggs with your cheese!
Whats funny is people will act like it's crazy, all the while spooning sugar and creamer in theirs.
Kerry Gold is best. (Very soft Irish butter)
But i still add a touch of sugar

If you like it go for it, just like sugar in grits, I ain't gonna eat it that way but whatever man. I eat my grits with butter and pepper, when I drank coffee, strong and black. When I was young I put sugar and milk in it but I got over that. Now I don't even drink coffee.

I had a couple dozen laying hens. Didn't take me long to figure out I don't care for tending chicken's. So I gave the hens to my cousin and told her you don't owe me a dime just bring some eggs by when you have to many....I made a good deal right there.lol
We keep around 15-30 hens. Yeah it's an expense and sometimes aggravation, but it's like our beef, those eggs are just so much better than store bought.

I'm gonna try this butter in the coffee deal. Never heard of it but can't hurt to try. For years I had to use cream and sugar but for whatever reason thought I'd try to wean myself off and just drink it black. I thought it would take weeks but 3 days and I was good. Every now and then I still do a little honey or sugar but not very often. We drink allot of coffee on the night runs.

I've had them my whole life trying to get back up to 200+ hens. They keep all the bugs and cow crap cleaned up around the barn and in the catch pens I don't complain

Get a pot belly pig for the apartment. They are small and can be litter box trained like a cat. When the time is right, process in the bath tub and put the junk in the apartment complex dumpster. Apartment dwellers probably don't have room in the freezer for those big ole free range hogs anyway. :) Will need a ring in the nose if he starts rooting the floor and cabinets, though.
Flower pots on the patio or balcony will produce some tomatoes, potatoes, strawberries, blueberries, patio squash. Lot's of possibilities.
I hear dog makes a fine meal...

Latest posts