What drugs do you prefer?

Help Support CattleToday:

Dale L

Reaction score
I am thinking Cystorelin for GnRH and Lutalyse for PG?
I know that there are several options. What do you more experienced breeders prefer?

I like the Cystorellin and Lute combination. We have been using the HighCon Lute for the last 2 years. We like it and would encourage you to try it if your vet can get it.

GONAbreed (GnRH) and EstroPlan (Prostaglandin) are cheaper, smaller dosages and work just as well. Made by Parnell, ask your vet about them. Been using it on dairy and beef now for 3 years?

Till-Hill said:
GONAbreed (GnRH) and EstroPlan (Prostaglandin) are cheaper, smaller dosages and work just as well. Made by Parnell, ask your vet about them. Been using it on dairy and beef now for 3 years?

I will check into them. I have had some tell me that nothing works as good as Lutalyse. Cheaper is good as long as the results are there.

Dale L said:
I am thinking Cystorelin for GnRH and Lutalyse for PG?
I know that there are several options. What do you more experienced breeders prefer?

I use Cystorelin and Lutalyse because those are the name brands my vet stocks. A couple Embryologist have told me that they prefer Fertagyl over Cystorelin and Estrumate over Lutalyse.

I tell the vet what I am doing and the protocol I am using and I use what they give me.....have had good success over the years with several different combinations...

If I don't use what the vet has then I have to find a different vet and establish a relationship and we don't have wall to wall large animal vets around here...

nearest embryologist is about 75 miles and I don't do ET work anymore....so I have no relationship with him...when I did ET work I used an embryologist a bit over a hundred miles away...so I could get drugs from him if I drive 200 miles for them...for what a maybe three to five percent difference in efficacy when I am batting about 75% conceptions now...first service...

Interesting update. The vet told me the FDA does not approve of Lute and Cystorelin being used together. Said they have used it themselves but found the info recently and has had to change protocol. I believe Factrel is one approved with Lute and Fertagyl is approved with Estrumate.

Latest posts