Used S04 Price

Help Support CattleToday:

Anyone use this stuff? It was recommended to me for my tongue latch on my trailer and it works really well. Wondering about the chute?

Bright Raven":1zjrl2rz said:
I wash mine immediately after each use. Manure and urine are tough. The one negative is the paint coat. Mine has peeled in places. The best paint coat in the world is Caterpillar. It stays and stays.
If you contact Priefert they will probably send you paint for it for free

ALACOWMAN":28jqd6do said:
What ever you do don't use oil on the locks..the one I bought,the foreman put motor oil in them and they won't hold.takes a while to get them back working right.....use WD40...

That's a fact Jack! The dealer I bought mine from was adamant about that. Oil or grease will collect dust and gum them up.

ClinchValley":yykctqd1 said:
I have used a neighbors a time or two. He uses white lithium grease on his, locks, latches, rollers, everything. It seemed that the last time i helped him the catch wasn't staying shut. They were pulling out of it. Had to physically hold the lever while he did his thing. I'm assuming the thick grease is the culprit…

I went over it last night with lube. Everything except for those two roller lock mechanisms. I had seen on their website it says to use WD40 only.
. There's a couple more of the locks on top

ALACOWMAN":s4mlflqg said:
ClinchValley":s4mlflqg said:
I have used a neighbors a time or two. He uses white lithium grease on his, locks, latches, rollers, everything. It seemed that the last time i helped him the catch wasn't staying shut. They were pulling out of it. Had to physically hold the lever while he did his thing. I'm assuming the thick grease is the culprit…

I went over it last night with lube. Everything except for those two roller lock mechanisms. I had seen on their website it says to use WD40 only.

Thanks, i saw those yesterday.

I watched a video on how to use it right, they've thought of about everything haven't they… We hated to spend that much money, even at that price. But i think/hope we've bought into a lifetime thing with Priefert. I'm thinking we should be able to get our money back when/if we sell it.

If you don't its one of the few things that's worth the money spent...I bought mine second hand to..it's handy as a pocket knife.. Wouldn't want to be without it now....done got spoiled...

ClinchValley":2h68zgnc said:
ALACOWMAN":2h68zgnc said:
ClinchValley":2h68zgnc said:

Thanks, i saw those yesterday.

I watched a video on how to use it right, they've thought of about everything haven't they… We hated to spend that much money, even at that price. But i think/hope we've bought into a lifetime thing with Priefert. I'm thinking we should be able to get our money back when/if we sell it.

The video is excellent. You will benefit watching it. The guy who does the demo has been with them a longtime and has made design suggestions

jedstivers":25704yle said:
slick4591":25704yle said:
Anyone use this stuff? It was recommended to me for my tongue latch on my trailer and it works really well. Wondering about the chute?

That's stuff is great for lots of things.

Thanks. Great to now as I've only dared to use it on my trailers.

slick4591":f4tv7vgz said:
jedstivers":f4tv7vgz said:
slick4591":f4tv7vgz said:

That's stuff is great for lots of things.

Thanks. Great to now as I've only dared to use it on my trailers.
What's it called ? can't read it,,picture is blurred...

We have the headgate only and I like it a lot. Would love to find a nice used squeeze to mate it to but I doubt I find one of them without another gate already. I read that Priefert will recondition them for a modest fee? Might have to go that route and just buy a new chute without the gate if that's an option. The head chain on ours was MIA, didn't even know what those slots were for till I watched the video. I picked up the proper size/length chain from the hardware store and man is that handy for eartagging a wild one!
Fluid Film is good stuff for lots of things. I use WD40 only though on the headgate. Hit all the pivot points, slides, and locks every time before the cows even come in the corral.

I agree, Arrow is the best manual chute out there IMO. Started with an old Powder River and replaced it with a new self catching Tarter chute. After two years it was junk, self catch stopped catching, worried we were going to hurt someone or an animal, so we tore it out. Then we debated between an Arrow and a Sioux Steele/Real Tuff system. Not being able to actually see an Arrow other than online, and a local dealer had a SS that's the direction we went. Now the SS is a heavy chute and compared to Tarter it was a Cadillac. However there were a few small things we didn't like and one day I ran across an Arrow chute that I could touch and feel. It's built tuff like the SS but has a better squeeze system and I like the rear door better than SS pull string door. All around a better chute IMO. Needless to say a year later we sold our SS chute and put in an Arrow and have no doubt it will last the test of time. Yes they are more spendy then a Preifert but if your going to ever work bulls or have bigger cattle the extra $$ is worth ever penny in the long run. Just wish we had been able to see an Arrow from the very beginning, sure would have saved a lot of headaches.

C-Ranch":wdkgql7t said:
I agree, Arrow is the best manual chute out there IMO. Started with an old Powder River and replaced it with a new self catching Tarter chute. After two years it was junk, self catch stopped catching, worried we were going to hurt someone or an animal, so we tore it out. Then we debated between an Arrow and a Sioux Steele/Real Tuff system. Not being able to actually see an Arrow other than online, and a local dealer had a SS that's the direction we went. Now the SS is a heavy chute and compared to Tarter it was a Cadillac. However there were a few small things we didn't like and one day I ran across an Arrow chute that I could touch and feel. It's built tuff like the SS but has a better squeeze system and I like the rear door better than SS pull string door. All around a better chute IMO. Needless to say a year later we sold our SS chute and put in an Arrow and have no doubt it will last the test of time. Yes they are more spendy then a Preifert but if your going to ever work bulls or have bigger cattle the extra $$ is worth ever penny in the long run. Just wish we had been able to see an Arrow from the very beginning, sure would have saved a lot of headaches.

Priefert sure sells a lot of chutes I see them everywhere, except on the big operations.

True Grit Farms":3q1pzqoy said:
C-Ranch":3q1pzqoy said:

Priefert sure sells a lot of chutes I see them everywhere, except on the big operations.

Not many big operations on this board. I wonder what they use?

Latest posts