Top 10 Cattle Beef Breeds | Highest Average Daily Gain the World from Weaning to Yearling Age

Help Support CattleToday:

HD> Am I correct in assuming this is based on the top ten breeds based on number of animals?
I am thinking there are probably more differences within a breed than between them when one
includes fertility and temperament or the ability to perform in multiple climate conditions.
Although I have never been around them it would be interesting to see how Bos Indus cattle compare. LVR

I do not have much faith in the generalized info. We get better ADG than what is listed on fescue with Angus.

HD> Am I correct in assuming this is based on the top ten breeds based on number of animals?
I am thinking there are probably more differences within a breed than between them when one
includes fertility and temperament or the ability to perform in multiple climate conditions.
I don't know. It really did not go into detail.
Although I have never been around them it would be interesting to see how Bos Indus cattle compare. LVR
I wondered the same thing

Top 3 breeds don't surprise me at all. I sampled Charolais when I was younger, would have tried Gelbvieh if there was a better supply and am very happy I chose Simmental with the emphasis on the Fleckvieh strain.

I would be pretty disappointed if I had ANY calves weaning less than 500 lbs but many of our mature cows are not over 1300 lbs so the YW seems a bit off.

It is pretty amusing that they show that the Limos were given an extra 60-70 days to get their YW :sneaky:

Do you have a source for that? I'd really like to know details of how they came up with that, how the trial was controlled, etc
I don't. I just stumbled across the vid and posted it.

I did find these

1640556413305.png

1640556429249.png