Today is the Day

Help Support CattleToday:

CreekAngus

Reaction score
Today we start AI'ing. All the research, self talk, brooding and double guessing all come to fruition today. Half the ladies are being bred to Chisum 255, the other half to War Party.

True Grit Farms said:
Very solid choices, old but solid. You'll regret not using President. :D

Touche' I like old, it's proven. I'm sure in two years, I will stand in the middle of a field, stammering,"if just only I had used el Presidente".

NEFarmwife said:
We've finished. Had our last group. Late calvers. But pushed back into our window.

Now we're trying to get everything to pasture and it won't stop raining.
Stop braggin......LOL. Got half of them done, hopefully finish up next week. I'm going to have later calves than I wanted, but I will take a live one in late February over having none in 2020.

CreekAngus said:
NEFarmwife said:
We've finished. Had our last group. Late calvers. But pushed back into our window.

Stop braggin......LOL. Got half of them done, hopefully finish up next week. I'm going to have later calves than I wanted, but I will take a live one in late February over having none in 2020.

We're actually finished before a lot of folks. Just breathing a sigh of relief.

I know several after the flooding are simply turning out the bulls. Couldn't get them set up for AI, etc... like they wanted. It's a way different year for a lot of people.

NEFarmwife said:
CreekAngus said:
NEFarmwife said:

We're actually finished before a lot of folks. Just breathing a sigh of relief.

I know several after the flooding are simply turning out the bulls. Couldn't get them set up for AI, etc... like they wanted. It's a way different year for a lot of people.
We are driving through in June and looking forward to seeing how it all looks. I've always enjoyed windshield farming Nebraska.

Kansas and Nebraska look bad right now. We drove through there earlier this week and it's not been good for them since last Fall.

JParrott said:
Kansas and Nebraska look bad right now. We drove through there earlier this week and it's not been good for them since last Fall.

What part of NE? Just curious since you mention last fall. Creek is speaking strictly on the flooding that happened in March.

We have just started with AI. Moving the start of calving from January to February. Will try to go with almost 70% AI, so it'll be some work not to miss any heats.

Send me some rain, haven't seen but a couple drops since we thawed out.. that was 2 months ago, creek is still not full enough for full irrigation and some gravelly spots are dry

lithuanian farmer said:
We have just started with AI. Moving the start of calving from January to February. Will try to go with almost 70% AI, so it'll be some work not to miss any heats.

We (Vet) are doing something new for me this year. Rather than trying to figure out if they are in heat by observation, he comes in on Monday, palpitates the open cows if hey are on the up swing, he lutes them, three days later we have a heat the head cook at McDonald's could spot. Heats are a lot better than using timing protocols.

NEFarmwife said:
JParrott said:

What part of NE? Just curious since you mention last fall. Creek is speaking strictly on the flooding that happened in March.

Was out in North Platte last September and in Hebron earlier this week. We almost always head west through Kansas and then north.

CreekAngus said:
Today we start AI'ing. All the research, self talk, brooding and double guessing all come to fruition today. Half the ladies are being bred to Chisum 255, the other half to War Party.

Way Party is an excellent choice

Lazy M said:
CreekAngus said:

I've always wanted to breed to him, 10 years later I got my opportunity.

CreekAngus said:
Lazy M said:
CreekAngus said:

I've always wanted to breed to him, 10 years later I got my opportunity.

Good luck with the AI.

I hope you have a lot of success.