Think she will make milk?

Help Support CattleToday:

Okay, after all this time, I am going to get nosy.... WHY in the world would you want to find Bessie a new home????? I know that baby calves are high... but for pete's sake.... that cow has earned the right to be treated like a princess...
How far are you from me? Maybe @kenny thomas is headed in that direction and we can meet somewhere... or any one else out that way headed east/northeast????
I have been looking for a good nurse cow...since I lost mine last year....
If @Warren Allison isn't going to get her, maybe we can figure out a way to get her up here....

I'm certainly hoping for the best. And I hope things change to where I'm able to do what needs done.

@farmerjan
@Warren Allison
@Travlr it's a bit of work no doubt. But not all that difficult as long as I'm living there. The cats out of the bag now. Like I said, I hope things work out where I'm able to keep them. Not just keep them as a regular cow. They both really shine with a little effort. They're both raising two on grass. If pushed with feed they will raise more, but I've gotten lazy! 🤣 I'm certain I could've got this heifer going if I was staying there. She was already broke to a bottle and sometimes that makes things a bit different. She was having no part of dodging her half hearted kicks. Acted like she didn't even have a clue what a mama cow was! 🙄

It's all good for now tho. Got a friend gonna take the bottle heifer. They've been wanting another for a while now. It'll be a busy weekend for me. Gotta pick up my 5 discount calves and haul em to the new lease place, another sale Saturday and get this sweet lil heifer baby to her new home.

Okay, after all this time, I am going to get nosy.... WHY in the world would you want to find Bessie a new home????? I know that baby calves are high... but for pete's sake.... that cow has earned the right to be treated like a princess...
How far are you from me? Maybe @kenny thomas is headed in that direction and we can meet somewhere... or any one else out that way headed east/northeast????
I have been looking for a good nurse cow...since I lost mine last year....
If @Warren Allison isn't going to get her, maybe we can figure out a way to get her up here....
Yep. If I get her, she will live out her life in the pasture with Gail. And we will bury her beside Gail , )or vice versa). when it is time. Man. I would sure enough be set up then. With those 2 in the pasture, all I'd have to do is get an orphan or bottle calf, open the gate and turn it loose in there, and one of them two would come get it! LOL I will let Bessie have a 1/2 Brahma heifer each year, just like Gail. But if you want her, Jan, you go ahead. She'd probably have an even better home with you anyhow. But I will take 2nd place behind you, if you don't get her.

I'm certainly hoping for the best. And I hope things change to where I'm able to do what needs done.

@farmerjan
@Warren Allison
@Travlr it's a bit of work no doubt. But not all that difficult as long as I'm living there. The cats out of the bag now. Like I said, I hope things work out where I'm able to keep them. Not just keep them as a regular cow. They both really shine with a little effort. They're both raising two on grass. If pushed with feed they will raise more, but I've gotten lazy! 🤣 I'm certain I could've got this heifer going if I was staying there. She was already broke to a bottle and sometimes that makes things a bit different. She was having no part of dodging her half hearted kicks. Acted like she didn't even have a clue what a mama cow was! 🙄

It's all good for now tho. Got a friend gonna take the bottle heifer. They've been wanting another for a while now. It'll be a busy weekend for me. Gotta pick up my 5 discount calves and haul em to the new lease place, another sale Saturday and get this sweet lil heifer baby to her new home.
I hope things work out for you, @MurraysMutts . At least you know if things don't, you got 2 places they can go to and be well taken care of.

@MurraysMutts .... sorry for your situation... should've minded my own business... I couldn't see any scenario that you would be letting her go, a change in your life like that didn't even cross my mind. PM me if you want... but yeah, let them finish out these calves and I am hoping they will be bred back..... and we can go from there. I would be interested in both of them if it comes to that... If I were to make a long trip for one, might as well be 2..... and maybe you can get things worked around to your satisfaction.

Latest posts