The future of farming?

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
The Biden admin's executive actions in the last 48 hours are attacking farms and implementing the technocratic takeover of food, accelerating a global collapse in food production by paying farmers NOT to grow food, cutting their financial support, tasking Tom Vilsack's USDA with a Net-Zero goal, changing COVID guidance on grocery stores, restaurants, and meatpacking plants.

Meanwhile, the media is finally acknowledging the soybean shortage, and the US is now also experiencing a fertilizer shortage, which will further increase costs and cause yields will collapse. As other countries stop exporting to protect domestic supplies, the US has been wholly sold out. This confluence of issues and cascading failures merits our attention urgently -- start growing food today.

Does anyone really believe that the brakes will be put on farming and ranching? It might change but it will never stop. I would like to see some of the land management plans be pushed a little harder. There's allot of land being under utilized simply because people don't know how to operate More efficiently or can't afford to make the changes needed to improve the land. Rotational grazing is the first thing that comes to mind. Very easy to do and it works great but, it's very expensive to get started.

Does anyone really believe that the brakes will be put on farming and ranching? It might change but it will never stop. I would like to see some of the land management plans be pushed a little harder. There's allot of land being under utilized simply because people don't know how to operate More efficiently or can't afford to make the changes needed to improve the land. Rotational grazing is the first thing that comes to mind. Very easy to do and it works great but, it's very expensive to get started.
I am sure all these actions mean nothing.

Green New Deal
Paris Accord and Climate Change
The Great Reset

Don't worry. They will never come for you.

I also read this morning that the dems want to forgive $50,000 of a student loan if you have one which 1 in 6 Americans has. lets see how high we can get the national debt up to. anyone want to start a CT pool?

Pretty sad to talk to the farmers around here. Most are already on life support and this will not help.

Last edited:
I also read this morning that the dems want to forgive $50,000 of a student loan if you have one which 1 in 6 Americans has. lets see how high we can get the national debt up to. anyone want to start a CT pool?
All that will do is drive costs up, make degrees more worthless and sink the country farther into a hole.

Future of Farming? Is that like Government Intelligence? or you can't get there from here?
It will get worse when we get the new face on the postage stamp..

More like a death pool.

More land is being put under cultivation each year. Will Rogers was wrong. The big increases recently have been in South America and sub Sahara Africa. So the US could increase the amount of CRP type acres and just export less food, while others clear more forest and apply more fertilizer. This will be great for pheasant hunters but I don't see how the helps the planet?

If the FSA throws enough dollars out this will become a retirement plan for senior US farmers.

Last edited:
OMAHA (DTN) -- 1/13/2021 - Average retail prices for fertilizers showed some mixed moves the first week of January 2021 after several consecutive weeks of all prices moving higher, according to sellers surveyed by DTN.

Six of the eight major fertilizer prices were higher compared to the prior month. Four were up a significant amount, which DTN designates as 5% or more. Both DAP and potash were 6% higher than a month ago with DAP having an average price of $482 per ton and potash $369/ton.

MAP was up 7% from last month with an average price of $543/ton. Anhydrous was 10% higher compared to last month with an average price of $470/ton.

Two other fertilizers were slightly higher from a year earlier. Urea had an average price of $368/ton and 10-34-0 $464/ton.

My calculator doesn't go that high.....

Bingo. The future of farming is going to look different, just like current farming looks different than it did in the past. There will be good and bad aspects to it, just like all progress.

Some people just love doomsday prediction.

Bingo. The future of farming is going to look different, just like current farming looks different than it did in the past. There will be good and bad aspects to it, just like all progress.

Some people just love doomsday prediction.

Chicken littles. It's like some people can't stand to live with peace inside themselves. They need the drama to drown out their conscience.

I could be wrong but I don't think the government will ever let food cost what it really should, they can't afford too. They also can't afford to completely control the land it takes to farm and ranch in America. I think this is the reason for all the programs to keep farmers and ranchers on life support. Unlike most occupations Farming and Ranching is a life style, most spend everything they make to keep going no matter the cost. I'm not even a blib on the radar but for some stupid reason 95% of the money I spend goes towards stuff for the ranch, I can't help it.

Latest posts