Taking a joke

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
I can take a joke about as well as the next guy. But I fail to see any humor in waking up to 1 degree temp this morning.

The joke is on my cats. Went out on the doorstep to feed them and none have showed up yet. Usually gotta fight 'em off to get to their rubber tub :p

-10 here @ 7:30AM. AM radio just came on full power and looks like the sun is gonna shine. Radio reports +7 in town with highs in the 20s forecast, but it won't get that warm out here. Just a typical January day 8)

37F here, things are melting... I'd rather it stayed below freezing, since I know this warm spell isn't going to last long enough to melt EVERYTHING.. so I know i'm going to end up with lots and lots of ICE

Yep i picked the coldest morning to lock the keys in my work truck took me 45 minutes to get broke into it I'm not a good thief

dun":kfk57xd4 said:
I can take a joke about as well as the next guy. But I fail to see any humor in waking up to 1 degree temp this morning.

Yup, every year when Mother Nature slaps me on the side of my head, in the face, I always imagine her with a smirk on her face. Still cleaning up from a wind storm that knocked down trees across fences and driveways. I also don't take a joke well at times.

ez14":1w6wr6bf said:
1982vett":1w6wr6bf said:
Hmmm....I tilled part of the garden today. :)
I dont think thats funny :mad:
:lol: It's gotten near 32F about twice this winter....coldest part is usually mid February. I'm beginning to think the cold part of the cold wet winter forecast is going to be wrong...however, we do still have a month till mid February.

Dun I got a heat wave here come on down bring your shorts

ResizedImage_1453213418446_zps3rd3z84o.jpg

1982vett":2glwiv39 said:
ez14":2glwiv39 said:
1982vett":2glwiv39 said:
Hmmm....I tilled part of the garden today. :)
I dont think thats funny :mad:
:lol: It's gotten near 32F about twice this winter....coldest part is usually mid February. I'm beginning to think the cold part of the cold wet winter forecast is going to be wrong...however, we do still have a month till mid February.
I was wondering at about what temp do you say it REALY REALY cold. For me id say that once it gets below 0 then its REALY REALY cold

ez14":34x8jrxb said:
I was wondering at about what temp do you say it REALY REALY cold. For me id say that once it gets below 0 then its REALY REALY cold
It all depends. When I came back form a year in Iceland I was walking around in DC in short sleeves and sweating when it was snowing. After living in the Mojave desert, anything below about 50 was miserable cold. Now it's single digits. Unless the wind is blowing, then it's anything below 85

dun":77a36js4 said:
ez14":77a36js4 said:
It all depends. When I came back form a year in Iceland I was walking around in DC in short sleeves and sweating when it was snowing. After living in the Mojave desert, anything below about 50 was miserable cold. Now it's single digits. Unless the wind is blowing, then it's anything below 85
i was just wondering about the guys in texas. Sounds like you have moved around a bit what were you doing in iceland?

ez14":20di1d94 said:
dun":20di1d94 said:
ez14":20di1d94 said:
i was just wondering about the guys in texas. Sounds like you have moved around a bit what were you doing in iceland?
Stationed there

ez14":1prgrjw5 said:
I was wondering at about what temp do you say it's REALLY REALLY cold.
For me id say that once it gets below 0 then its REALLY REALLY cold
Single digits, so I'd say 9 degrees is the start of really, really cold.
20s are cold enough, the teens are really cold.
Below zero is brutal. -20 below is murder. -40 below is more than any man should have to endure, let alone animals.

Latest posts