surprise !! surprise !!

Help Support CattleToday:

jcarkie

Reaction score
i was taken my 1st calf heifers out to my rent place, i am picking up the bull tomorrow. i have one yearling heifer to go with them. stopped by the vet to get a couple calves dehorned and some other stuff. i asked the vet if the yearling looked bred i thought she had started to belly down and i could see her udder. so i ran her in and she is 6-7 months bred !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! she will calve at 18 months old, at least she is almost as big as the 2 year olds......i put her back in the mud hole with the little heifers, so i can keep my eye on her. that is better than the last one a few years ago at 16 months.

now thats good surprise that you got.i to am waiting to see if a heifer is bred,an she is 29 months old.i calved a heifer last year at 25 months.

a few years ago , one of my heifers calved at 13 1/2 months old , we had to give a light pull to get the small calf out , but she accepted it right away and by the fall ,the calf wasn't to far behind the other calves we kept the mother for a few more years ,she never got as big as the other cows , but always raised a decent calf.

Latest posts