Some Charolais pics

Help Support CattleToday:

They are all tattoo and received tag at birth but some may fall. Check carefully the second cow she have all her tags. They also have a round chip in an ear (allflex). But I know almost all my cows just by looking at them!

Awww looked a little closer and by golly I was able to see them on several of them. We also use electronic ID sure do love it they don't seem to lose the EI tag like they do the regular ear tags.

Gizmom

Thanks for the good comments everyone. When we do the frame score on the yearling bulls they are in the 6-7 range for frame score, so I thing our cows are 6,5 in average. The cow on the first picture is the recip of the calf on her side, she is the tallest cow of the herd. She must be a frame 8. The calf birthdate is December 22, a fresh embryo who was not freezable. The cow was in heat 7 days prior the flush of an heifer . Sometimes it's hazard who deside our mating! He is the only calf born in December. Our calving season is more January-February.

How do you tell all those white cows apart without eartags??

I guess the same way I tell my red cows apart :p

Nice pictures, nice cows, as always!

I just took an Iphone pic of the same calf from the first post, behind him it's a first calf heifer (2 1/2 years). He look a bit bigger!

Nesikep":36zro50j said:

If you zoom in you can see they have small white tags

ez14":1nrt1ab2 said:
Nesikep":1nrt1ab2 said:

I don't need tags to tell mine apart.. even if they're all red

Nesikep":phc2bcsc said:
ez14":phc2bcsc said:
Nesikep":phc2bcsc said:

I don't need tags to tell mine apart.. even if they're all red
yeah if you spend enough time with them its easy when we teach a new guy how to milk they always ask how i know what cow that one is when i dont look at the tags but for me its not hard to know who it is by their udder

Yep, I don't milk mine (except for one), but each udder is different, each butt is different, and each head is different

Latest posts