Sire groups

Help Support CattleToday:

LJCB

Reaction score
As I get close to weaning as I'm sure a lot of you are too I'm starting to get impressed by some of my sire groups and some not so much.

Wondering which ones are impressing you and not so much.

I don't have much variety this year but I really like my resource calves. Only complaint would be frame size. Some could be bigger IMO.
LCJB. What are your fav sire groups? And disappointments..

Josher said:
I don't have much variety this year but I really like my resource calves. Only complaint would be frame size. Some could be bigger IMO.

Favorite calf this year would be a president bull.
Been pretty impressed with my southern charms.

For disappointments I think it's more on the cow side for me. I have a few cows that got bred to my herd bull and I usually like the herd bull calves . We will see what they weigh Next Friday!

LJCB said:
Josher said:

For disappointments I think it's more on the cow side for me. I have a few cows that got bred to my herd bull and I usually like the herd bull calves . We will see what they weigh Next Friday!

Keep us posted on ur calves. I have a couple cows that the breeding has to be just right to get an acceptable calf. Just waiting for those cows to do something bad enough that justifies shipping them to town.

my best BA are from Titus and used excellent answer and red Cockburn on my RA and I think they look good this year.

Really liking our SAV Grass Roots calves. A lot of length and look to them. Janssen Fully Charged heifers look very good. Disappointed in Effective and Raindance.

Jake said:
Really liking our SAV Grass Roots calves. A lot of length and look to them. Janssen Fully Charged heifers look very good. Disappointed in Effective and Raindance.

Never used raindance but I thought from what I've read on here he's the most consistent out of the flush.

Josher said:
LJCB said:
Josher said:

Keep us posted on ur calves. I have a couple cows that the breeding has to be just right to get an acceptable calf. Just waiting for those cows to do something bad enough that justifies shipping them to town.

I'll try to remember to post weights and try to grab some decent pictures and get on here

Latest posts