Severe storms hitting north ala and Ga

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes sir ! Thanks for asking! Got one tree down at the heifer pasture on the fence . Got it off this am . Had to cut a tree out of the road this morning at 1 am to get home from my sons . We go there and get in his storm shelter . Henagar area got hit hard . Trucking company lost several big rigs . Tossed around like toys . Our local fire department spent the whole night cutting trees out of the road and off people's houses . A few injuries but no fatalities that I know of . Welcome to tornado alley, Sand Mtn .

I have seen severe straight-line winds and huge hail videos., but haven't heard if there has been a twister yet. Have you heard of any tornados out there?
Definitely tornado , probably more than one but thankfully only 1 or 2 on the ground at the most . Pretty much followed same path . Lots of rain and high winds. My helper said he had 6 inches in his rain gauge. I haven't been to the farm where my rain gauge is .

So sorry for all that have been affected by these tornado's. I understand there are some deaths, and the damage is unbelievable. We have been inbetween the rain areas, and our winds have been light and steady a few days... nothing like what others have had. We also have missed most of the rain... 30 miles north they got over 2 inches and another 15-20 miles north and west of there they had as much as 5 inches. We would gladly take a couple of inches of rain at least, to relieve some of you that have been inundated with water .

Finally got around to checking my gauge. I had exactly 4 inches. Ponds are all full and running out the spillways and the creeks are roaring. Needing to cut rye grass hay but more rain in our forecast . I'll take the rain for sure !

Henegar got hit hard,
I live in Sand Valley just south of Valley Head and we had several touch down Thursday morning about 5:00 am. No damage to my house but it took me 3 hours to cut big trees off my driveway to get to my sisters house where she had a lot of damage to her house and about 20 big trees down. The ridge in front of my house has a wide slash running down top to bottom. It is going to take a while to clean up. Thankfully everyone is fine.

Out here in the arid west we were lucky to get maybe half inch over the last several days, and that is if you squinted your eyes, and giggled the rain gage. Up on the hills around us they got snow; I think anyplace over 5000ft got snow.

I live in Sand Valley just south of Valley Head and we had several touch down Thursday morning about 5:00 am. No damage to my house but it took me 3 hours to cut big trees off my driveway to get to my sisters house where she had a lot of damage to her house and about 20 big trees down. The ridge in front of my house has a wide slash running down top to bottom. It is going to take a while to clean up. Thankfully everyone is fine.
Beautiful country around there..

I've heard so much, and seen so much just assumed it was..
Yes sir , when I saw the pictures on the news I thought it was Storey's too . I didn't know this place was there ! They have 40 open now so when I picked up the grand girls this am I drove up through there . Looks like a war zone . Only a few houses damaged but I don't think there's a tree not blown over or twisted off . Weather folks saying EF 2 and if they can determine 1 more mph it will be a cat 3 !

Oldest son lives on highway 11 in Hammondville across from where the Far Niente folks live .

Latest posts