Quotes

Help Support CattleToday:

Rock bottom is good solid ground, and a dead end street is just a place to turn around. ~Buddy Buie and J.R. Cobb

"Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today a new ending." ~Maria Robinson

We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us. - E. M. Forester

"When you're struggling with something, look at all the people around you and realize that every single person you see is struggling with something, and to them, it's just as hard as what you're going through."
— Nicholas Sparks

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.
~ Albert Schweitzer

"When you ask God for a gift,
Be thankful if he sends,
Not diamonds, pearls or riches,
but the love of real true friends."
~Helen Steiner Rice

The day began with dismal doubt,
A stubborn thing to put to route;
But all my worries flew away
When you smiled at me today.

Life is but a connection of short lasting good moments tied together by long lasting misery. - Wietse Wiels

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."
~ Unknown

Intelligence, n: Looking inside the oven for plastic toys before turning it on ~Not Your Average Dictionary

The old, old song by Charles Kingsley

When all the world is young, lad,
And all the trees are green;
And every goose a swan, lad,
And every girl a queen;
Then hey for boot and horse, lad,
And round the world away;
Young blood must have its course, lad,
And every dog his day.

When all the world is old, lad,
And all the trees are brown;
And all the sport is stale, lad,
And all the wheels run down;
Creep home and take your place there,
The spent and maimed among;
God grant you find one face there
You loved when all was young.

What one has, one ought to use; and whatever he does, he should do with all his might.
Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
Cicero

"You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it." Adrian Rogers, 1931-2005

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special." -- Jim Valvano

Children have more need of models than of critics- Carolyn Coats

What's the difference between a boyfriend and a husband? About 30 pounds- Cindy Gardner :D

A man is not what he thinks he is, but what he thinks, he is- Max Hickerson

A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth- Aesop

The lion and the calf shall lie down together but the calf won't get much sleep- Woody Allen

Everything is funny as long as it happened to somebody else- Will Rogers... Yes i would have to agree :banana:

"You can never get ahead working for someone that don't have any more money than you have."...... My Grandpaw

"Never deal with just one bank, that way one bank can't put you out of buisness."...... My Dad

Nothing will benefit human health and increase chances for survival of life on Earth as much as the evolution to a vegetarian diet.
Albert Einstein
:shock: Was he a vegetarian I wonder?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Author Unknown

I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.
Hellen Keller

Your best friend is not who you call to come get you out of jail at two in the morning. Because if they were your best friend, they would be in jail with you.

upfrombottom":12wi0g7k said:
Your best friend is not who you call to come get you out of jail at two in the morning. Because if they were your best friend, they would be in jail with you.
Sign on wall of my office "A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "dam that was fun".

"If you want to be dumb, you better be tough"... family quote

"Out of the shade and onto your feet,
Off of your a$$ and into the heat"... family quote said when break time was over

TexasBred":1hnk303w said:
upfrombottom":1hnk303w said:
Sign on wall of my office "A good friend will come and bail you out of jail....but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying "dam that was fun".
I got a forward one day that said this, "A good friend will be laughing with you, not at you. A smart friend will give you good advice and tell you like it is, no matter what the situation is. A loyal friend will keep all your secrets and never judge you. A reliable friend won't be talking to you over the phone when you're in jail, they'll be sitting right next to you saying, "Dam that was fun!" A good friend will be all of those and then more..

and one more
"Sometimes you have to run away so you can see who will run after you. Sometimes you have to talk quieter just to see who's listening. Sometimes you have to step up and fight just to see whos by your side. Sometimes you have to make a wrong decision to see whos there to fix it."

Those who have never failed usually have never tried - Unknown

hang up and drive - me and a million other people

After being told to get in shape.. "Round IS a shape" - My cows

"Quite simply captain, I examined the problem from all angles, and it was plainly hopeless. Logic informed me that under the circumstances, the only logical action would have to be one of desperation. Logical decision, logically arrived at." -- Spock

Latest posts