quit smoking

Help Support CattleToday:

Txwalt

Reaction score
I think I finally got it licked. I purchased one of those e-cigs. Its awesome! The Kit cost $60. I think in just a couple of weeks I'll start seeing the savings. Just wanted to share just in case anyone else is ready to quit. Just do a little web browsing before jumping in.

Walt

Txwalt":u0qobhl6 said:
I think I finally got it licked. I purchased one of those e-cigs. Its awesome! The Kit cost $60. I think in just a couple of weeks I'll start seeing the savings. Just wanted to share just in case anyone else is ready to quit. Just do a little web browsing before jumping in.

Walt
thats good,, hope you get it... im seeing more and more folks draggin' a oxygen tank around

kenny thomas":3jn5fl05 said:
I would like to try to quit but have had no luck.

Same here. :frowns: BUT, one of these times when I, once again, make the effort to quit I'm bound to succeed.

Good for you Walt!! You can do it.

Katherine

If i can quit anyone can, i was up to 3 packs a day. Hang in there Txwalt like an old rusty nail.
You can do it.
I knew it was time to quit when i could blow smoke rings through my shorts. :lol: :lol:

I bought on of those e cigs too....tasted like perfume. couldn't handle it. Must have been made in france.

kenny thomas":2tpl8m6a said:
What kind did you buy? I would like to try to quit but have had no luck.

I bought a joyetech eGo. Battery lasts all day. Nicotine level is basically adjustable. Different flavors from bubble gum to barbeque. I have a couple of friends that have purchased them also after seeing mine. No more smoke smell. No more standing outside in the cold to smoke.

Walt

Txwalt":edho0p8t said:
kenny thomas":edho0p8t said:
What kind did you buy? I would like to try to quit but have had no luck.

I bought a joyetech eGo. Battery lasts all day. Nicotine level is basically adjustable. Different flavors from bubble gum to barbeque. I have a couple of friends that have purchased them also after seeing mine. No more smoke smell. No more standing outside in the cold to smoke.

Walt

I thought Jogee was kidding...

I finally quit June 2007. The year momma was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. My sister and I used Chantix.... it worked. Smoke free for 3 1/3 years now and no cheating needed :lol:
Good Luck...you can do it ...
Valerie

I used tooth picks and candy. Keeping something in your mouth and fingers helped. Haven't smoked in over ten years. Gained about 40-50 lbs. Now have high blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar. :cry: I replaces one bad habit with another ( eating ) Diets are harder to stay on than to quit smoking. :cry:

ROCKSPRINGS said:
I used tooth picks and candy. Keeping something in your mouth and fingers helped. Haven't smoked in over ten years. Gained about 40-50 lbs. Now have high blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar. :cry: I replaces one bad habit with another ( eating ) Diets are harder to stay on than to quit smoking. :cry:[/quote

Try this, stop eating anything made with flour or sugar an you will lose all that weight ...pretty fast.
It works.

curtis":30cwmprm said:
ROCKSPRINGS":30cwmprm said:
I used tooth picks and candy. Keeping something in your mouth and fingers helped. Haven't smoked in over ten years. Gained about 40-50 lbs. Now have high blood pressure, cholesterol, and sugar. :cry: I replaces one bad habit with another ( eating ) Diets are harder to stay on than to quit smoking. :cry:[/quote

Try this, stop eating anything made with flour or sugar an you will lose all that weight ...pretty fast.
It works.
He$$ Curtis, then you'd be "grass fed".

curtis":22w5dvlf said:
ROCKSPRINGS":22w5dvlf said:

It works.
Starvation Diet ... if it tastes good - don't eat it :lol:
Valerie

One of my biggest problems is eating at night before bed time. I know what I have to do, its just doing it. Dr. said being a little over weight is better that smoking any day.

Here's another diet that works, dill pickles, beer and pickled hard boiled eggs, be sure you eat a lot of eggs. :nod: :lol: :lol:

curtis":wuv1bk76 said:
Here's another diet that works, dill pickles, beer and pickled hard boiled eggs, be sure you eat a lot of eggs. :nod: :lol: :lol:

With that diet, there won't be many people standing near you complaining about second hand smoke. :lol:

upfrombottom":1x54ahia said:
curtis":1x54ahia said:

With that diet, there won't be many people standing near you complaining about second hand smoke. :lol:

Yeah and you'd be too darn scared to light a match to even think about smoking.

I quit smoking on sept 1, 1999 when I took this job in a no smoking building and government office.
smoked a couple packs a day of cowboy killers up til then.
Figured if I could not smoke on the job it was time to quit all together. tossed a pack in the trash when i walked in.

I also gained 35 lbs and have lost it about ten times now.

have always had the ability to discharge smoke from remote orifices. still can. jalapeno and habernero flavored.

My wife tried the Chantix three times and smoked right thru it.

I have thought about getting her one of these new substitute rigs but I think it would take two or three for her.

Latest posts