Pregnant Wedding

Help Support CattleToday:

all this topic boils down to is whether she should've worn white or not since they had a kid together before they were married..did I get that?cuz all the other arguments have so far been dismissed near as I can tell....maybe it was an accident and she already had the dress a yr ahead of time

Yes many folks are upset that she wore white. My guess is she just wanted to wear a nice wedding dress and most wedding dresses come in white. She probably didn't have a lot of choices anyway. Plus it's just a color. I'm pretty sure she wasn't trying to fool anyone into thinking she was a virgin.

Also folks are saying they should be embarrassed and be discreet about the wedding. I'm guessing its just as common for people to have kids out of wedlock nowadays as it is the other way around. So why be embarrassed? Why hide it? People are going to find out anyway. Might as well celebrate it and enjoy it, it's not hurting anybody.

Evidently, I'm the last official graduate from the old school. I'm still in favor of abstinence. They unwrapped the best wedding gift too soon.

I will agree that only virginal brides get to wear white the same day we decide that we will also have a common way to identify the non-virginal grooms. Otherwise it's straight-up double standards and sexist as all h_ll.

What I DO get hacked off about is people having kids casually, and when they are not financially ready or mature enough. That is actually damaging to society--not what friggin color someone wears.

dieselbeef":hskj76mv said:
all this topic boils down to is whether she should've worn white or not since they had a kid together before they were married..did I get that?cuz all the other arguments have so far been dismissed near as I can tell....maybe it was an accident and she already had the dress a yr ahead of time

I would bet most brides wear white and I would also bet most brides aren't virgins.

wacocowboy":q6xd0f01 said:
dieselbeef":q6xd0f01 said:

I would bet most brides wear white and I would also bet most brides aren't virgins.

Nor most grooms

boondocks":20x6n2ev said:
wacocowboy":20x6n2ev said:
dieselbeef":20x6n2ev said:

Nor most grooms

Yep I bet the percentage of virgin grooms is very low.

dun":1hg3716x said:
Sounds to me like a bunch of sanctimonious people

Agree. I care more about how they raise the kid and how they treat each other, than what colors they wear to the wedding (or, for that matter, whether there is a wedding). The days when couples were shamed, it usually hurt the kids most of all, and they didn't deserve it

Bigfoot":2rgrlx24 said:
Evidently, I'm the last official graduate from the old school. I'm still in favor of abstinence. They unwrapped the best wedding gift too soon.

That sounds like a lot of wasted time to me. You need to make hay when the sun is shining, as you age the future isn't nearly as bright. I can't speak for the ladies out there, but a woman gives the man pleasures that are second to none. Most of the time the pleasures out weight the heartache.

TennesseeTuxedo":21ga6xdo said:
Bigfoot":21ga6xdo said:

I'm from the old school too BF but I cut class a lot.
8)
THUMBS UP

True Grit Farms":kvq45yi1 said:
Bigfoot":kvq45yi1 said:

That sounds like a lot of wasted time to me. You need to make hay when the sun is shining, as you age the future isn't nearly as bright. I can't speak for the ladies out there, but a woman gives the man pleasures that are second to none. Most of the time the pleasures out weight the heartache.

well put sir...I miss my wife in ways I never thought of... :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2: :cry2:

Conformity, conformity, conformity crap!! We are individuals, we have our own minds...use it, let's not follow like sheep...

BTW, the white wedding dress(initiated by Queen V) symbolised social status and wealth in the Victorian days...pink was used for boys and blue for girls ;-)

fasttommy":tqgu39ar said:
Yes many folks are upset that she wore white. My guess is she just wanted to wear a nice wedding dress and most wedding dresses come in white. She probably didn't have a lot of choices anyway. Plus it's just a color. I'm pretty sure she wasn't trying to fool anyone into thinking she was a virgin.

Also folks are saying they should be embarrassed and be discreet about the wedding. I'm guessing its just as common for people to have kids out of wedlock nowadays as it is the other way around. So why be embarrassed? Why hide it? People are going to find out anyway. Might as well celebrate it and enjoy it, it's not hurting anybody.
People abort children everyday too and some folks are becoming numb to it but does that make it right??

Simply comes down to religion. Christianity, as I would guess most religions teach that sex outside of marriage between a man and a woman is a sin. If you are proclaiming to live a Christian lifestyle, then getting pregnant out of wedlock would be considered a sin and although you can be forgiven, you would still probably be embarrassed by it. If you're not proclaiming to be a religious person, then you are only breaking a tradition so you would be less likely to be embarrassed.

It seems a lot of "Christians" view sex before marriage as a sin only if the girl gets pregnant. Same type that will scream about how sinful homosexuals are while they are living with their girlfriend.

I don't believe the OP said he had lost any sleep over it or had tried to burn their house down, he just made an observation about our changing culture, and I'm sure he's a bit stunned since it has changed this much.

I know it has a lot to do with religion, but I recall a similar set of values among adults in my youth whether they were religious or not. There were the rough necks who didn't give a care about anything, and then there was everybody else.

There was white, black, blue collar, white collar, etc, but if you were a mature human being trying to lead a decent life, most all I remember shared very similar values. If someone did slip up, which people do sometimes, people didn't throw a party to celebrate it.

When I was young, people used to admire people who had led a clean life. I could name many, many of the older generation I knew that people admired so much for that very reason. It was something to be proud of.

These days, if someone has led a life of old fashioned valuesl and act like they're the least bit proud of it, people call them sanctimonious; no party or pat on the back for them; however, if someone can slip up a little, it's time to throw a party.

I've noticed in my neck of the woods a few old timers even getting lax, but when your kids and grandkids do everything under the sun, I guess what they stood for all their earlier life is not so bad anymore.

By the way, Bigfoot, I'm with you; I graduated from the old school too.

After all this discussion, in to 6 pages now, the quality of my life has not improved one iota.

TexasBred":2ar9f2v8 said:
fasttommy":2ar9f2v8 said:

People abort children everyday too and some folks are becoming numb to it but does that make it right??

Good point but I guess that's apples and oranges

Latest posts