Powerball $1.6 Billion

Help Support CattleToday:

I'd like to TRY!!
on trying..........

Look
I understand too little too late..
I realize there are things we say and do
You can never take back
But what would we be if you didn't even try?
You have to try.
So after a lot of thought
I'd like to reconsider.
Please

If it's not too late

Make it a cheeseburger.

(from the Lyle Lovett..song Here I Am)

I would probably trade my 24 year old F350 and get one only about 10 years old. Maybe buy some Corriente cows, some cut over land, and kudzu seed. Maybe a couple bucket calves. Enjoy the good life. Eat out at Buc-ee's about once a month. Maybe a new dress and new wood splitter for the wife - If that did not make her happy, then one of those metal roosters for the yard. Maybe replace the mailbox. But, I would not spend much. Save most for old age and a rainy day. A fellow can dream, can't he. Someone told me you can't win if you don't buy a ticket. Don't seem fair to me. Guess I will vote democrat this year. I heard there were going to send 10 free lottery tickets to everyone - their version of maga.

IF you had $700 mil to spare for a day , you could buy all 302,575,350 numbers, which would raise the jackpot even more....probably over $2bil. You could nearly triple your money!
No, last month they inflation adjusted the payout formula and taxes. I think current cash payout after taxes is around 650 million. Also you could end up winning only a share of a pot split multiple ways.

Last edited:
I have a friend who says the lottery is a tax on people too stupid to do math.

Another friend who won what was the biggest Washington lottery at that time. I got to watch it ruin his life. He did say money can't buy happiness but it can rent some first class affection.

I will pass. I am blessed and pretty happy with life the way it is.

IF you had $700mil to spare for a day , you could buy all 302,575,350 numbers, which would raise the jackpot even more....probably over $2bil. You could nearly triple your money!
The problem is, you are assuming that you will have the only winning ticket. Plus the winner pays a minimum of 37% income tax and state taxes if you have them.

Last edited:
I have a friend who says the lottery is a tax on people too stupid to do math.

Another friend who won what was the biggest Washington lottery at that time. I got to watch it ruin his life. He did say money can't buy happiness but it can rent some first class affection.

I will pass. I am blessed and pretty happy with life the way it is.

I don't play the lottery, for two reasons (at least).

1. I'm afraid it would ruin my life. I've seen to many horror stories of that happening to other people.
2. I believe God loves me too much. He knows how sorry and lazy I'd probably be if I didn't have to work for a living.

I used to play fairly regularly. Now just occasionally. If I won a sizeable one, there are quite a few people that have less than I do that I could give a helping hand to. Sure, I would take care of our bills/payments first... but I would want to give to some others that are less fortunate than me. A big paid for place would be nice for starters....

My ex wife used to buy lottery tickets when we first got married. She would tell me when she won a dollar, and I would ask her how many ten's of dollars did you spend to win that one dollar. It was not long after me asking that several times that she quit buying them.

I figure that $2 trick is about the same as that $2 bottle of coke that I would buy at the gas station if I didn't buy the ticket. 1 ticket per draw since it got to 550million. I've won $4 twice so its only cost $2.
I tell everyone if I won I'd just farm until I was broke again. Lol

Oh, I know that there would be more relatives coming out of the woodwork and "friends" that would be coming around than I could count for the rest of my life... It would get put into the hands of some professional people and I would tell everyone that I could not touch it without it going through the chain of command of the investment firm and the trust fund advisors.....it was all tied up....... I already know the ones that I would help out and believe me I am NOT a sucker for a sob story anymore....I would do for the ones I wanted and that would be it....
I know some people that won some money once and they were bombarded with new "old friends".... and relatives... sickening

I fantasize about it...

If I was to win I'd set up a family trust so the trust could buy all houses and cars, within reason, and lighten the burden for working members of the family. Pay for college, but only if someone gets a job using their degree and after they graduate. Maybe some kind of bump on retirement. Participation voluntary...

Latest posts