Post a random thought

Help Support CattleToday:

Define abuse………
Can't remember the exact words Dave nor should I repeat them on here but it was anything to get her attention and get back on the job and not worry about the lump on her head from hitting the concrete. We've done a few hair raising things together in our day and got away with it and we are not finished yet. Pam's younger brother by 10 years won't even climb a ladder to change a light bulb. At least I keep her from getting osteoporosis by working her like this.

Ken

I'd rather be sunburned at the lake covered in skeeter bits and slapping at a water moccasin with a flip-flop than deal with cold weather.
Screw that, easier to zip a jacket than itch bug bites and try to work with sweat pouring off my body and run in my eyes all day. I HATE summer!

I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so
I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.
My wife walked by and asked me what I was doing,
and I said, "Nothing."
The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?"
At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.
Finally I pondered an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?
Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question.
Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion:
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
But you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
I rest my case.
Time for another beer. Then maybe a nap.

The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking.
and I said, "Nothing."
The reason I said "nothing" instead of saying "just thinking" is because she then would have asked, "About what?"
At that point I would have had to explain that men are deep thinkers about various topics, which would lead to other questions.
Finally I pondered an age old question: Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts, but how could they know?
Well, after another beer, and some more heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with an answer to that question.
Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby, and even though I obviously couldn't really know, here is the reason for my conclusion:
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
But you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
I rest my case.
My way of thinking also.

Ken

and I said, "Nothing."
I rest my case.
A few years back I was talking to a 50 something year old woman. She had broke horses for a living for years. We were discussing injuries from the bronc wars. I said that I had dislocated my elbow and it was really painful. She said that she also had done that. She went on to say she had given birth to 3 kids. And that she would rather go through child birth than have a dislocated elbow because the elbow hurt more. I felt like asking to get that in writing.

My mom told me years ago that when they were coming up with names for us kids, that she also looked at the initials to make sure they were not going to come out with something derogatory.... so they were thinking of future nicknames and all that.. I have heard of a few names over the years, that made me say the same thing... what were the parents thinking...or not thinking....

Technician for Culligan came out today to work on the R-O system (a switch had corroded). Super nice guy but bless his heart, his name is Rick Dick. What were his parents thinking?!?!
I occasionally work with an insurance claims adjuster named Richard Harder. He doesn't go by Dick, just Richard.

My mom told me years ago that when they were coming up with names for us kids, that she also looked at the initials to make sure they were not going to come out with something derogatory.... so they were thinking of future nicknames and all that.. I have heard of a few names over the years, that made me say the same thing... what were the parents thinking...or not thinking....
Sometimes with all the planning and good intentions, things just don't work out. I went to school with a girl named Imagene. She went by Ima. She grew up to be a big girl and married Rodney Lott.
There was Lucy. Can't remember her maiden name. She married Stan Beaver.

Then there are the parents that do it on purpose. A classic 'boy named Sue" story…….
I worked with a guy named E.A. Lovett. I finally got him drunk enough to tell what those initials were for. His dad named him Edom Ann, and left home when E.A. was a small boy. He showed me his drivers license.

Back to a random thought; Oversize clothing.

A few weeks ago our youngest daughter bought and surprised me with a really small pair of full body footed pajamas. It said "Grampy's Favorite" on it. We don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. Due to be a hot summertime baby. Yeehaw! This'll be number nine!

Fast forward a few weeks and I overhear daughter and wife discussing clothing, about how your supposed to buy stuff a couple sizes too big, so they can grow in to them.

I remember never having the opportunity to grow into my clothes. In addition to hand-me-downs, Mom would measure me and order the Toughskins from Sears. Then she'd dart the waist and roll the pant legs up about a foot and hem them. Perfect clown pants! I had to bend over to reach the bottom of my pockets.

Problem was, by the time I had grown to fill them, they were worn out and had multiple "iron-on" patches that looked like loose scabs. She wouldn't let me wear them in public like that, sorta like dirty underwear (in case we had to go to the emergency room) "You don't want the candy strippers to see your nasty drawers, do you?"

I didn't, and still don't understand the idea of purchasing clothes way to big.
Even hand-me-downs given to us were critiqued, and sorted so that we were always wearing clothes that we could grow into. I guess if push comes to shove, me and little brother could have shared a pair.

If it sounds like I'm complaining, I'm not. Just reminiscing. I wouldn't trade my experience for anything, but I did suggest to my daughter that it's probably best to buy clothes that fit, or at least not wear out before they fit.

As far as the kids things, usually always bought the next size bigger because my son grew in leaps and bounds... but didn't have a huge number of clothes, so he did wear them out even as they got a little "tight" in 6 months... But, I agree with not buying them "to grow into" if you were not going to grow into them for several years...!!!

Latest posts