Post a random picture

Help Support CattleToday:

In school I remember watching some documentary that showed this being done, I think it was in Australia.
They showed the dozers, but not the chain. I asked my Dad about it later, and he said the two dozers were
pulling a big chain that mowed things down. I had no idea how big that chain would been have till I saw these
pictures.
Not the sort of chain someone will walk off with.

Those things are easy to raise. Ya just look for one of their round coccoon/pod things, break the stick off it's attached to and drop in in a tall mason jar, with holes poked in the lid and wait. Just know, that hundreds can hatch out of one pod, and they eat a lot of ants.
My oldest kid did it for science class one year and the other 3 did it every year just for the heck of it. We had manti running everywhere.

Those things are easy to raise. Ya just look for one of their round coccoon/pod things, break the stick off it's attached to and drop in in a tall mason jar, with holes poked in the lid and wait. Just know, that hundreds can hatch out of one pod, and they eat a lot of ants.
My oldest kid did it for science class one year and the other 3 did it every year just for the heck of it. We had manti running everywhere.
You can do the same thing with barefoot toothless mountain women. What's your point?

They trip over their ears. It's comical to watch, but I promise they aren't mistreated. Not on purpose; I let them mistreat themselves, just like I did my kids. They learn better from their own mistakes.

I wonder how many people have seen dogs like the 1st picture, with their ears torn to shreds?
I had a Black and Tan hound go in a hole at the base of huge cypress tree that the pack had treed a coon in. He came back out with a big coon hanging on each ear. Wound up being 9 coons in that tree.

1961, I'm 11 & sitting in the back of Dad's F100 with my cousin which Dad1961jonesrd.jpg drove till it really did just fall apart in the mid to late 70s. Car beside it was my uncle's who had come down from New Boston Tx to visit..
That's the house I grew up in, with dad's auto shop back in the back.

Other than the less than modern look of the place and the old vehicles, what's unusual about the picture?

Twisted. My twin brother had 24 acres right beside me, but he lived and worked in Arkansas. He'd come down to visit and do some work on his place till he got cancer in 2015, then he just came to visit till the end in 2017. I just used it as my own for years, kept his fences up and ran cows on it, but one fall, I got an old complete toilet, and hauled it up into one of his big white oak trees and screwed it down to the biggest branch with some lag bolts and never did tell him how it got up there. I assume it's still there to this day.

1961, I'm 11 & sitting in the back of Dad's F100 with my cousin which DadView attachment 43126 drove till it really did just fall apart in the mid to late 70s. Car beside it was my uncle's who had come down from New Boston Tx to visit..

Other than the less than modern look of the place and the old vehicles, what's unusual about the picture?
4 wires coming into it.

Ken

1961, I'm 11 & sitting in the back of Dad's F100 with my cousin which DadView attachment 43126 drove till it really did just fall apart in the mid to late 70s. Car beside it was my uncle's who had come down from New Boston Tx to visit..

I can see the beginnings of some color. Kodachrome 2.0?

Latest posts