• 10)

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • 11)

Votes: 16 32.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alisonb

Reaction score
Good luck with choosing a winner, they are all lovely!

Remember...please no commenting on photo's until the poll expires.

Thanks to all that entered :D

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8]

9)

10)

11)

It will be interesting to find out who submitted #3 and where it is. Most won't but I really like that kind of country.

greybeard said:
It will be interesting to find out who submitted #3 and where it is. Most won't but I really like that kind of country.

I could guess Utah/Nevada? I do love that country as well, though I don't think my cows would see the beauty of it.

greybeard said:

Pyote Tx is just outside the viewfinder. :lol2:

TexasBred said:
greybeard said:

I knew it looked familiar. Pyote is rugged even for West Texas. We are drilling from Coyanosa to Pyote and up to Wink.

Brute 23 said:
TexasBred said:
greybeard said:

I knew it looked familiar. Pyote is rugged even for West Texas. We are drilling from Coyanosa to Pyote and up to Wink.

Sister and BIL lived in Pyote back in the 60's. He worked in the oil field and built gooseneck trailers after work everyday. Seems like the sun would shine til midnight. Only place to get a cold beer was the VFW. (Or was it American legion).

Brute 23 said:
TexasBred said:
greybeard said:

Have you been to the Wink Sink? (Kermit claims it as the Kermit Crater)

Seen any small affordable places for sale out there?

Yes I have. We have some old stuff right near it the sink.

Every thing is crazy expensive out there with the boom. Old, 1960 houses that are not in that good of shape in Wink are 250K.

There is one little bar called the Hideaway in Pyote with a grouchy old owner/ bar tender. It's been around since the hay day of the army base.

Winkler Co Country Club is my favorite hide out. It has a decent golf course, pretty good food, and a pretty extensive drink menu. Other than that you have to go to Kermitt or Monahans. Monahans has a pretty nice golf course also.

I've been to Monahans. Got a pic somewhere of the spousal unit playing in the sand dunes. I did a 2 month job at Crane too. Wasn't much there at all but one little store and a Mexican beer joint. And McCleroy Ranch.

Latest posts