Owner / Moderator - Locked Topic

Help Support CattleToday:

snake67

Reaction score
Transplanted westerner - now as far east in Ontari
I know it is not my site and I know all the arguments against what I am about to say - been around long enough that I do not care to see them all regurgitated.

It is a rare day you see me beach about this site.

I also do not care if it was the owner or the moderator who did the dirty deed.

However - locking - "Cops, most are a waste of space and uniform" - was wrong.

Lots worse has gone on here - and this certainly was NOT one of them.

Just my not so humble two cents.

Bez

Not only that, I just spent 20 minutes of my time writing a post describing both good and bad thing which my brother a big city cop shared with me. And before I could post it the thread was locked. I will never get those 20 minutes back. This lock was BS. Raises the question, is the moderator a cop? Or just power hungry?

before this thread is locked, may I say if we didn't have the Police Forces think of all the anarchy there would be!!!!!!
yours back to the Wild West and ours King George 1V times...not good.

Dave":19wx8x8e said:
Not only that, I just spent 20 minutes of my time writing a post describing both good and bad thing which my brother a big city cop shared with me. And before I could post it the thread was locked. I will never get those 20 minutes back. This lock was BS. Raises the question, is the moderator a cop? Or just power hungry?

That was my thought also, so rather than post something I had to race back to delete I went and took the 45 minute run to the post office. :D yes, Dave and I are on left coast time.

chrisy":2mzf22ka said:
before this thread is locked, may I say if we didn't have the Police Forces think of all the anarchy there would be!!!!!!
yours back to the Wild West and ours King George 1V times...not good.

Read the whole post, and you will get this one locked also it appears. :D

There was a lot of emotion involved in that thread and apparently some insults, implied insults and comments that were bound to explode. That post was no different than if someone came on a cop site and started posting comments about how most cattle raisers are uneducated, poorly trained and abuse their animals and then posted stories about how their neighbor raises cattle and feeds them dogfood or posted links to PETA slaughterhouse propaganda. It wouldnt be any more real or true than the original cops post and would have just as many people commenting who really have no idea what they are talking about and are only telling stories, rumors and their version of events.

3MileRanch":holqjy4u said:
There was a lot of emotion involved in that thread and apparently some insults, implied insults and comments that were bound to explode. That post was no different than if someone came on a cop site and started posting comments about how most cattle raisers are uneducated, poorly trained and abuse their animals and then posted stories about how their neighbor raises cattle and feeds them dogfood or posted links to PETA slaughterhouse propaganda. It wouldnt be any more real or true than the original cops post and would have just as many people commenting who really have no idea what they are talking about and are only telling stories, rumors and their version of events.

obviously you have never been exposed to badge abuse!

3waycross":1utiwtai said:
3MileRanch":1utiwtai said:

well I have been exposed to people who think they can abuse the badge, but then they werent wearing it at the time they thought they could abuse it.

Badge abuse usually means someone thinks they are being abused by someone with a badge because they were told they couldnt do something they wanted to do.

I guess the cops around here are just better trained and professional than the ones were you live. :cboy:

3MileRanch":24vp77rj said:
3waycross":24vp77rj said:
3MileRanch":24vp77rj said:

well I have been exposed to people who think they can abuse the badge, but then they werent wearing it at the time they thought they could abuse it.

Badge abuse usually means someone thinks they are being abused by someone with a badge because they were told they couldnt do something they wanted to do.

I guess the cops around here are just better trained and professional than the ones were you live. :cboy:

I wasn't going to push this until I heard from a mod, no word yet. But you are a troll and a trouble maker. I'll leave it at that before I call you an idiot. So I left it at that and said I'm not talking about you just some idiot azz hole in general.

Ok, so Im a troll because I dont agree with your imflamatory post, lol. I remember you even though you dont remember me. You havent changed, lol.

No problem though; when people are talking about idiots or other insulting terms in general I dont instantly assume they are talking about me, lol. I usually assume they are talking about people whom I consider idiots and other insulting terms. I guess you took my advise from the other thread and spent some time taking a long hard look in the mirror. :cowboy:

Alan I just read through your thread and everybody was behaving until the troll showed up and jumped your case.

I know a lot of LEO all over our state. There are some great ones and ones who cannot be trusted to guard a dead skunk laying in the road.
Yeah we have had the run ins with a couple bad ones.

Its hillarious that some of you guys, not all by a long shot, think its ok to bash my profession, but I become a troll when I defend it.

While I defend your right to bash whatever you want I think its telling that you get your panties in a twist when someone says you are wrong. Talk about being able to dish it out, but not take it.

3MileRanch":31em019z said:
Its hillarious that some of you guys, not all by a long shot, think its ok to bash my profession, but I become a troll when I defend it.

While I defend your right to bash whatever you want I think its telling that you get your panties in a twist when someone says you are wrong. Talk about being able to dish it out, but not take it.

3 mile I worked your profession for 3 years as a LEO .. Do you react everytime someone says something you disagree with or calls you a pig or i smell bacon? If you do you should not have pass the psych evaluation.

3MileRanch":2w4cok61 said:

Quite frankly I think you need to go to the locked thread and read my very last post before you continue - I think you are one of the folks I talked about.

I would bne interested in your comments on number nine - if you are what you say you are you and I am not convinced - you will be familiar with it.

Be that as it may - how many cattle you running, and what is the breed - or are you just here for the trolling?

I am out of here for a bit - the cows are locked in a new field with decent grass - they think they are in heaven and the sheep are lambing in the barn and I am tired - time for a hot shower and a few prayers to the rain Gods.

Bez

I have the highest respect for public servants with badges, especially at state/local levels -- city cops, county mounties, state patrol, all fire personnel, fish/wildlife people. They are also human beings, and for every one of us, there is something/someone that could push the button that might not ever get pushed otherwise. If you are an individual with an individual complaint about one of those folks, you can register that complaint with their agency, and the agencies keep track. Most will take action for a problematic officer.

Kathie in Thorp":3lcjqvxn said:
I have the highest respect for public servants with badges, especially at state/local levels -- city cops, county mounties, state patrol, all fire personnel, fish/wildlife people. They are also human beings, and for every one of us, there is something/someone that could push the button that might not ever get pushed otherwise. If you are an individual with an individual complaint about one of those folks, you can register that complaint with their agency, and the agencies keep track. Most will take action for a problematic officer.

Well said :clap: :clap: :clap:

snake67":w2antpys said:
3MileRanch":w2antpys said:

Quite frankly I think you need to go to the locked thread and read my very last post before you continue - I think you are one of the folks I talked about.

I would bne interested in your comments on number nine - if you are what you say you are you and I am not convinced - you will be familiar with it.

Be that as it may - how many cattle you running, and what is the breed - or are you just here for the trolling?

I am out of here for a bit - the cows are locked in a new field with decent grass - they think they are in heaven and the sheep are lambing in the barn and I am tired - time for a hot shower and a few prayers to the rain Gods.

Bez

I guess I am just here for trolling. If you are really interested in what breed I am running and how many mommas I have then you can ask without the trolling comment. or maybe you are one of the people you were talking about. I feel no need to convince you I am who I say I am. I will go read number nine though.

Steve

Latest posts