Other forums

Help Support CattleToday:

I don't hunt, but for some reason I stop in the ky hunting forum a couple times a week.

I go to Barrel Horse World, with a horse question. That don't happen to terribly often.

Yesterdays tractors every now and then. Very knowledgeable there BTW.

I seem to be a junky here though.

A very civilized and informative forum is Georgia Outdoor News, more commonly called GON. I like reading the saltwater fishing forum.

Ag Talk is supposed to be good, but I just can't get in the swing of it.

I've got accounts I rarely frequent at ranchers.net, yesterday's tractors.com, and quicken community. Another site I still visit from time to time is bogleheads.com.

You really want that list?
about 4 computer oriented forums
about 10 car forums
about 5 truck forums
about 5 motorcycle forums
and a bunch of miscellaneous ones.. chainsaws, tractors, music and whatever else piques my interest at a given time... I'm on about 4 forums on a regular basis though.

Nesikep":lsbys4vh said:
about 10 car forums
about 5 truck forums
and a bunch of miscellaneous ones.. chainsaws, tractors, music and whatever else piques my interest at a given time... I'm on about 4 forums on a regular basis though.

Dang, Nesi. You've got entirely too much the on your hands! :lol:

Nesikep":1b3nhkjn said:
about 10 car forums
about 5 truck forums
You need a girl to keep you busy!!! lol ;-)

Too much time on your hands.... :compute:

Only here.

Now that I've got a realistic connection speed though... I want to know where the good photographers are hanging out.

Totally agree with the above, Nesikep, you need more cows. About 150 or so, great little one-man unit & if you're not stupid enough to milk them you could keep your other jobs too.

In case you're wondering, I don't have close to 8k posts on the other forums.. even combined.

One thing I don't do much of is Facebook.. now that's really a timewaster! I do check in once a week or so to say hi to some friends.

I wouldn't mind a herd of about 75-100, I think I'd be able to manage that if I had land where it was imaginable to put a square field in somewhere, where fences could run straight for more than 100 ft, where if I needed to irrigate it could be done with a wheel line, etc. I'd like to have a herd of cows big enough I can keep a bull for his entire productive life, where I could justify spending big money on good bulls because I'm likely to get a few hundred calves from them. At that point I could start linebreeding the correct way and fine tuning for what I think is a nearly perfect animal.. And I'd need another 150 years of life too to get there!.. after doing this for 25 years, I can say I've just gotten rid of the major problems, I haven't started on the improvements much yet.

This is the only one for me. Only other type of forum I could see myself on would be a running forum. Oh, and a gardening/green thumb/vegetable forum is a possibility too I guess.

And Nesi, facebook isn't all bad, we use it a lot to promote both of our businesses, free advertising, closely related to the "by word of mouth" category

1 car forum. Posts: 55,329

Cattle Today.
/\ these 2 make up the bulk of my internet experience other than news, tho I do have active (barely) membership other places as well.
2 other ag forums--one is strictly for the occasional entertainment value.
2 military forums to keep up with old friends from my time in service (there are fewer each year).

Other than this one, I pretty much hang out on one forum all day long. CompetitionDiesel.Com. My name is Jory and I have an addiction to combustion ignition and talking alot. :lol:

Comp%20D_zps6i9gg4f7.png

Here, Ranchers.net, advantagecattle, the Rivals K state page, bcsnn.com for more sports talk and every once in a while agtalk or duckhuntingchat

4x4dually":3he57ian said:
Other than this one, I pretty much hang out on one forum all day long. CompetitionDiesel.Com. My name is Jory and I have an addiction to combustion ignition and talking alot. :lol:

Comp%20D_zps6i9gg4f7.png

You mean compression ignition? :)

Besides here, I visit Backyard Chickens occasionally when I have a question about a chicken. That's it. You all are my first love! :cowboy:

Latest posts