Opening Morning Bucks

Help Support CattleToday:

FlyingLSimmentals

Reaction score

Dad had taken the picture of my buck and me with my new lousy camera that takes a certain getting use to it to make it focus that why it's blurry. I'll get a better pic when I get the antlers on a board. Anyways he's an 8 pointer if you can't tell. What's so bad right after I shot him I saw 2 nicer larger bucks. Dang gum it I got in a hurry!

Bigfoot, I'll guess mine is a 2 1/2 old and Dad's is a 3 or 3 1/2 year old. I'm no expert so I might be totally wrong. I had about let mine walk but he gave me too long to think about it and that wasn't good for him. I'm more than proud to claim him its just two nicer bigger bucks came right by within a couple of minutes or even seconds after I dropped him. Maybe them two will be bigger trophies next season if they can avoid everyone else. Dad's was a lot bigger body than mine one of the heaviest deer any of us have killed for a while. Really thick with a swelled up neck. He was trying to breed a doe in the hay field when dad shot him. There was 1 larger buck and 1 smaller buck in the field as well. The rut has really been visible here well, have seen more bucks chasing doe's this season than in some of the previous years combined. Anyway we're happy with the bucks and there antlers will go on the wall and the meat in the freezer. Thanks, for the replies everyone.

Latest posts