Only a few days of Snapper season left

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
We loaded up and went out after work yesterday Snapper season is over if a few days and we wanted to get one last trip in before it closed. Headed out around 6:00 got home by midnight.

One of our sons buddies came along and hooked up a nice one 22 pounds.

Holley our sons girlfriend had never been snapper fishing and caught her first one weighed in at 20 pounds!

I caught a couple nice 7 pound fish, I have to admit I don't think I could get a 20 pound one in the boat, but would sure love to hook into it to get a chance to find out.

gizmom

Wow that is a mess of fish! I bet they were pooped! Another difference in locations it was in the high 90's here just plain hot even on the water. Your guys are dressed like it's chilly.

Gizmom

The season opened May 7 with only Saturday and Sunday harvests allowed at first. Starting on May 28, the season open-continuously through July 10. After a short break, it reopens on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only in September and October.

The snapper are here year round you just can't keep them except when season is opened. The snapper are highly regulated as are grouper, trigger fish and amberjack.

Gizmom

Latest posts