One Extreme to another

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave said:
Stocker Steve said:
Ag econ boys usually calculate a breakeven herd size for the equipment investment. I have several pitchforks so you know I am a BTO. Bought one for each of the kids too. I try to pick up used pitchforks at auctions, but here the Amish often run the price up. :(

I have a new handle for my pitchfork. But I want to get every possible minute of use before I replace the half broken one on it now. You got to be frugal if you are going to make money ranching.

Or you could just get a new handle from the govt Dave! :D ;-)

Just kidding. Having a little fun after a few of the threads we had here. Enjoyed the pics you shared!

bball said:
Dave said:
Stocker Steve said:
Ag econ boys usually calculate a breakeven herd size for the equipment investment. I have several pitchforks so you know I am a BTO. Bought one for each of the kids too. I try to pick up used pitchforks at auctions, but here the Amish often run the price up. :(

I have a new handle for my pitchfork. But I want to get every possible minute of use before I replace the half broken one on it now. You got to be frugal if you are going to make money ranching.

Just kidding. Having a little fun after a few of the threads we had here. Enjoyed the pics you shared!

Hey, I will look into it. Maybe they have a program to fix broken equipment. Or maybe it is a stimulus program for the manufacturers of pitchfork handles.

Dave said:
bball said:
Dave said:

Hey, I will look into it. Maybe they have a program to fix broken equipment. Or maybe it is a stimulus program for the manufacturers of pitchfork handles.

Always a good feeling when you can step up and help a neighbor. We had one of those vertical mixers when we owned the dairy. One of the few pieces of equipment that will actually pay for itself in increased production and reduction of waste.

Dave said:
Stocker Steve said:

I've got duct tape holding mine together

Ky cowboy said:
Dave said:
Stocker Steve said:

I've got duct tape holding mine together

Not using duct tape. Got to save money where ever you can.

Latest posts