Oil free Turkey Fryer

Help Support CattleToday:

Another Response on oil less turkey fryer. Over last 40 yrs have done all 3 options. As M-5 indicates
Propane fry may be most tasty option, I was always in fear of fire either on structures or myself. Oil
, for that peanut oil better for higher flash point, but minimal difference in than vegetable or blend.
Once this up running do several, neighbors, friends, etc
#2. The electric fryer- still takes lots oil but eliminates flash fire, for this type oil no matter, one good as other.
got oil, hot might as well do 2-3.
#3. Maybe slight less tasty than other, but only doing single or maybe 2, not lot prep and saving oil. My issue
with this unit is figure when to apply top screen to get browning but not burning. All have separate issues.
#4. My opinion Any these best ever as fried turkey the epitome of good., however for leftovers I will stick to
my BGE butter basted recipe.

Cooker was in the outside garage when I got home last night. It was dark, so didn't get to take any pictures. I threw it together, seasoned it, and stuck in a chicken that I'd thawed out in a simple brine. When we butchered the broilers, I think we dipped them too long because I ripped a lot of the skin on the plucker. It just so happened that the one I thawed out looked like it was plucked by a weed wacker. I also forgot to add some oil half way through to crisp what little skin there was, though I did rub the bird with oil before putting it in. But even with a nearly bald bird, it was excellent. The skin that was there was very good, even if it wasn't as crispy as it could have been. The meat itself was extremely juicy. This morning I sliced off some of the breast meat after it sat in the fridge all night. I'm not a fan of white meat, but this was the juiciest chicken breast I've ever had. With just a little squeeze, juice poured out of the slices. My 7 year old tried a piece, and I didn't get much after that because he was ready to fight me for it. :) Clean up was simple, just throw the basket in the dishwasher. I just left the cooker out of the patio. I suppose I could wipe the inside off, but it says it'll continue to cook more evenly as the sides get seasoned with grease, so I think I'll just leave it. Overall, I'm very happy so far. I'm going to try a turkey and if that goes well I'll cook the Thanksgiving turkey this year. Also going to experiment with some pork.

M-5":238blj7b said:
It's just to easy to fry one.

It is, IF you do much fried foods. Some of us ain't allowed much of that kind of thing no more except when we sneak out to eat somewhere. :bang:
(My son is coming n for Thanksgiving and is bringing his turkey fryer--the kind that uses oil, so there's going to be an exception soon....

Latest posts