Occupational hazards for a Heeler

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Jip loves to grab a clump of cow manure and eat it. Don't know why, cause a lot of times it comes back up later.
Yesterday morning doing her usual job she got an unsolicited mouthful of mud from a well placed cow hoof.
071810DC-49A5-4285-8E9F-F7BE5AF87373.jpeg
4A64A236-769E-4D28-890D-39083A4F5A48.jpeg

I've had a couple get rolled pretty hard. In the moment they always seem to get up mad and ready to get back in there.
That's one of the main reasons they're my favorite. They're so tough for their size.

Might be sore in the morning though.

I've had a couple get rolled pretty hard. In the moment they always seem to get up mad and ready to get back in there.
That's one of the main reasons they're my favorite. They're so tough for their size.

Might be sore in the morning though.
That's how Jip here is too, she's been rolled and flipped. She yelps then she growls and goes right back.

Friends heeler nipped at a horse once , horse was shod too..hard kicked it square in the head.dog ran off somewhere ?assumed it died..showed back up a few days later ,crossed eyed and ready to go at it again..

My one Border Collie got kicked in the side by a cow when he was working, he acted like it hurt, he started looking sort of hunched up
and moving slow, then just fell over. I picked him up carried him out of the pasture, thought he might need to see the vet.
Laid him down on the ground to unlock the pickup door, he jumped up, went over and peed on a bush, then was ready to go back to work.
I figured the cow must have knocked the wind out of him.

My one Border Collie got kicked in the side by a cow when he was working, he acted like it hurt, he started looking sort of hunched up
and moving slow, then just fell over. I picked him up carried him out of the pasture, thought he might need to see the vet.
Laid him down on the ground to unlock the pickup door, he jumped up, went over and peed on a bush, then was ready to go back to work.
I figured the cow must have knocked the wind out of him.
Had Brittany once that was riding with me in the truck through the pasture. He saw squirrel and jumped out of the moving truck he hit the ground, must have knocked the wind out of him. He laid their motionless for a bit then jumped to his feet and took back off after the squirrel.

Friends heeler nipped at a horse once , horse was shod too..hard kicked it square in the head.dog ran off somewhere ?assumed it died..showed back up a few days later ,crossed eyed and ready to go at it again..
Had an Aussie that liked to chase cars. One day he got his head run over and he was cross eyed for about a year before his eyes straightened out.

Had an Aussie that liked to chase cars. One day he got his head run over and he was cross eyed for about a year before his eyes straightened out.
This Heeler here is fortunately still alive.
She has a habit of trying to herd various things from trash cans, grills, tractor tires. She's better about not going moving vehicles now but still have watch her.
When she was a couple years old, I was coming out of the field in a tractor and my wife had let Jip out in f the house, she ran down to the tractor and I knew it was going to be trouble and finally got to point where I thought the dog was on her way back to house, I get through the gate and close it then start to come on up the hill to the house and Jip comes back and bites the front tire, I stopped as fast as I could and it just barely caught her lip. So fortunate that it didn't run plum over her or break teeth,
She has a little skinned place inside her lip is all.

My dad ran over his yellow lab with his 560 Farmall while pulling a flat wagon. Thump thump, thump thump. He was sure he'd killed her, she laid up a couple days then was right back to her job of being an idiot.

Latest posts