Nikki pics.... I added a few more.

Help Support CattleToday:

She looks super... I can see why you went to her breeder. It's all about going to proven parents and hoping that by stacking the odds you get what you want. She looks like a character! Puppies are so much fun!

hillsdown":16dyzwk6 said:
My dirty windows, how embarrassing. I washed them after I saw the pic.. :oops:

I feel your pain. 3 dogs means all my French doors always look like a foggy morning!

Nikki at 4 months old did her first real herding this afternoon. I always take her out with me for routine checks, and i had left the gate open a bit . We were just heading out and a few calves saw freedom. Nikki ran in front of them and started crouching down low and barking at them ,they all moved back until I got there to close the gate. She was a brave girl until one of the mom's showed up, and then she couldn't jump into my arms soon enough.. :lol2:

She was very good when I was out with the bulls too, when they got close to me she did the same thing..

The instincts are there, and I feel like a proud mom today.. :heart:

alisonb":28k34xku said:
Lovely girl HD! Seems she takes more after Tex?

Thanks Alison, I think she is going to look like the spitting image of Kia her dam. That is where she gets her tri color from.

Pics of Kia the dam.
kia-t.jpg

kia-1.jpg

She looks, great!!!!! Seems like she's on a misson there. Was she chasing something ???? and what is that green stuff behind her????? can you please mail some of that to Florida. Sara-lu and Reba would like to eat some of that. We still have dead grass here because of the dumb weather Florida has this year.

Mare":3j8t8v18 said:
She looks, great!!!!! Seems like she's on a misson there. Was she chasing something ???? and what is that green stuff behind her????? can you please mail some of that to Florida. Sara-lu and Reba would like to eat some of that. We still have dead grass here because of the dumb weather Florida has this year.

Mare those are pics of Nikki's dam Kia, she is a working cattle dog.
Nothing growing or green here yet and my baby is still too little to really work. :lol2:

Well then she looks just like her mommy!!!!! :nod: I just thought they grew fast!! :oops:
Quess the grass won't be in the mail any time soon???? :lol2:

Hey There! Nikki looks great! She sure is "growin up"!!! Love the pictures of her sleeping and if you ever figure out how to keep their noses off the windows please share your secret. Actually, love ALL the pictures! :clap:

I was looking past the tri color and thought I saw more Tex, but nobody will know her better than her 'mom' :nod: .

Nikki will be 4 months old next week and weighs 23lbs already. She still likes to sleep an a funny position once and a while though.. :lol2:

BTW the nose prints always seem to come back even after they are cleaned off.. :roll:

IMG_2368.jpg

She looks really cute! Dad's dog is a year and a half old and still sleeps in weird positions and spots.

She's pretty. I can't help but wonder what a pup thinks as it experiences all the new things. Its no wonder they are so loving and loyal to an owner who allows them into the owner's world. They gotta think its awesome.

Jogeephus":3d9r5lbn said:
She's pretty. I can't help but wonder what a pup thinks as it experiences all the new things. Its no wonder they are so loving and loyal to an owner who allows them into the owner's world. They gotta think its awesome.

You may be right Jo she went form sleeping in a barn with a straw flooring to sleeping on our bed with us and now her own huge fancy kennel to sleep in and gets to go for car rides with mom all the time. Her latest new thing is to fly from the chair ,to the sofa to the love seat with out touching the floor all the while with a squeaky toy in her mouth going squeak squeak squeak. She is really lucky her mommy loves her so much and has the patience of a saint.. :lol2:

The first scratch I see on the leather will be the end of that nonsense though.. ;-)

hillsdown":18j5mu0a said:
Jogeephus":18j5mu0a said:

You may be right Jo she went form sleeping in a barn with a straw flooring to sleeping on our bed with us and now her own huge fancy kennel to sleep in and gets to go for car rides with mom all the time. Her latest new thing is to fly from the chair ,to the sofa to the love seat with out touching the floor all the while with a squeaky toy in her mouth going squeak squeak squeak. She is really lucky her mommy loves her so much and has the patience of a saint.. :lol2:

The first scratch I see on the leather will be the end of that nonsense though.. ;-)

Maybe , maybe not. I believe that might also depend on what her "Daddy " has to say about it. :help:

3waycross":rpsrl528 said:
You may be right Jo she went form sleeping in a barn with a straw flooring to sleeping on our bed with us and now her own huge fancy kennel to sleep in and gets to go for car rides with mom all the time. Her latest new thing is to fly from the chair ,to the sofa to the love seat with out touching the floor all the while with a squeaky toy in her mouth going squeak squeak squeak.

Good dogs intrigue me and I think we can learn from them as they do us. I'm puzzled with my new addition since I can't figure out what his most favorite thing in the whole world to do is. He is always happy and makes the best of every situation. He has now begun to help pull the hay strings off the bales. While I view it as a chore it is shear pleasure for him. I thought maybe this was the thing he liked the most but then again there is tractor driving,truck riding, squirrel treeing and a few other things. Guarding the gate is another top contender. Then again, being the precise tongue licking alarm clock is up there too. (btw - no one told him about day light savings time) Trying to speak in english is another thing he loves to do. Only had one other dog that tried to pronunciate. His good mornings are really something that will brighten your day. He also has a thank you. And yes, he is spoiled rotten.

Jogeephus":3qsws3gd said:
Good dogs intrigue me and I think we can learn from them as they do us. I'm puzzled with my new addition since I can't figure out what his most favorite thing in the whole world to do is. He is always happy and makes the best of every situation. He has now begun to help pull the hay strings off the bales. While I view it as a chore it is shear pleasure for him. I thought maybe this was the thing he liked the most but then again there is tractor driving,truck riding, squirrel treeing and a few other things. Guarding the gate is another top contender. Then again, being the precise tongue licking alarm clock is up there too. (btw - no one told him about day light savings time) Trying to speak in english is another thing he loves to do. Only had one other dog that tried to pronunciate. His good mornings are really something that will brighten your day. He also has a thank you. And yes, he is spoiled rotten.

Sounds like you have a great companion Jo.

A friend of mine ,who is a psychologist, said that you cannot spoil a dog, it is impossible to do. I tend to agree as our pets would be considered to be spoiled by most people, but I just think of it as caring for them and loving them .. :) I always get more love and joy back from them then I could have possibly ever given them ..

Jo, anything he gets to do with you is his favorite thing! Sounds like he has become a fine companion and help-mate. Besides the "cold-nose alarm clock", bigger dogs also make a pretty good "bed pre-warmer". Our 90-lb lab mix will lay on my side of the bed and warm up my spot, then moves down to the foot to "his" spot when I arrive. :help:

HD, I have to disagree, I think dogs CAN be spoiled but if they were good dogs to begin with, this is not too much of a problem. My father lives with us and he has absolutely catered to our dogs and spoiled them rotten! If they hear paper crinkling or certain sounds from the kitchen, they are in there like a shot because they know he can't resist the "sad eyes" and will always give them a bite. He even said the other day, "I might be spoiling these dogs a little too much". To which I replied, "Well, Dad, the first step is to admit you have a problem." :lol:

There love is reciprocal and magnified so in that respect I guess you can't really spoil one. BTW - Eli caught on to daylight savings time cause I got a big wet one across my face this morning at the right time.

Latest posts