New Meat Processing Plant in East Tennessee

Help Support CattleToday:

Hey look what Southeast Provision LLC is selling to the Chinks. These people eat anything.

FROZEN PORK TAIL 冷冻猪尾巴
FROZEN PORK TAIL BONE冷冻猪尾骨
FROZEN PORK KNUCKLE BONE 冷冻猪脚圈
FROZEN PORK WHOLE DIAPHRAGM冷冻猪完整横膈膜肉
FROZEN PORK TONGUE冷冻猪口条
FROZEN PORK EAR冷冻猪耳​
(make silk purses out of)
FROZEN PORK MASK冷冻猪面具
FROZEN PORK SNOUT MEATY冷冻猪鼻子
FROZEN PORK WHOLE HEAD WITHOUT TONGUE冷冻猪头 (不带口条)
FROZEN PORK BRAIN冷冻猪脑
FROZEN PORK AORTA冷冻猪心管
FROZEN PORK THROAT MEAT 冷冻猪喉头肉
FROZEN PORK ESOPHAGUS冷冻猪食道管​

Chinks are a type of pants you ride through the thorns with.
230002-2000x2000.jpg

"Nothing wrong with that to chase the good stuff with. 80 proof isnt terrible but a little mild."

Straight whisky is too strong for me it burns like fire. I make whisky sours out of it. I like the bottle because I used to have pet crows.

Hey look what Southeast Provision LLC is selling to the Chinks. These people eat anything.

FROZEN PORK TAIL 冷冻猪尾巴
FROZEN PORK TONGUE冷冻猪口条
FROZEN PORK EAR冷冻猪耳​
FROZEN PORK MASK冷冻猪面具
FROZEN PORK BRAIN冷冻猪脑
FROZEN PORK AORTA冷冻猪心管
I am totally suprised at this. I actually had to look at the address to be sure it was the same place.

FROZEN PORK TAIL 冷冻猪尾巴
FROZEN PORK TONGUE冷冻猪口条
FROZEN PORK EAR冷冻猪耳​
FROZEN PORK MASK冷冻猪面具
FROZEN PORK BRAIN冷冻猪脑
FROZEN PORK AORTA冷冻猪心管
But you know they're probably gonna make it taste great.

My husband used to buy and feed loads of 80 head hedging them on the futures market and buying options. The market could swing up ordown $20 per 100weight. So options was the only way to feed cattle without having to be able sustain huge loses. He did pretty well. One time he and his brother bought 400 stocker steers, grew them out on the place, put them on feed and lost their shirts.

Is there a pretty large feeder outfit somewhere in southern Virginia? My feed guy was telling me his son takes a lot (he hauls for other people) of steers somewhere up there. He talked like it was all enclosed and a really nice operation.
Got 1 guy here that feeds maybe 700. Not big by feedlot standards but moves a lot of calves.

From the little involvement I've had with a friend building a small butcher shop and knowing the people that have one in our small town they seem like a really big investment. Equipment and cooler/freezer cost is through the roof not to mention the land and building cost. I always hear about how if people will build butcher shops they'd be super busy and super rich in no time but, I just don't think this is the case. Being in debt a 1,000,000 plus is hard enough, 5,000,000 would be stretch for a local butcher shop. I bet the light bill would be 5-6 thousand a month on a 125 hd facility.
Butcher shops super rich and busy?...Yes, that would be 30 minutes near Dallas, Texas, Austin, Houston....no amount of money offered could get me in the doors for bringing them a small 650lb steer to butcher. Butch shops are basically off-limits to regular folks near cities....got to have a big contract with hundreds of head, thousands of head even better.

Butcher shops super rich and busy?...Yes, that would be 30 minutes near Dallas, Texas, Austin, Houston....no amount of money offered could get me in the doors for bringing them a small 650lb steer to butcher. Butch shops are basically off-limits to regular folks near cities....got to have a big contract with hundreds of head, thousands of head even better.
This is one of those things that's really all about location. The "best" processor of beef and other such around here (my opinion but shared by many) is actually located probably over an hour to an hour and a half in each direction from any real cities, BUT is also located in pretty much the confluence of a multi-county zone all of which are moderate to heavy in ag. They're where pretty much everyone who can takes every freezer beef, retired mama, hog, even deer. They stay busy. I've been in there a few times over the years and they stay pretty humming.

The slaughter and processor of beef (and hogs, sheep and goats, elk, deer) in my rural Coos county Oregon is the Meat Cutting Room. They come to the farm with a winch truck, , slaughter, gut and skin and take the carcass back to the Cutting room and hang for the requested time. Then cut up as the individual as dequired. Seems like humane slaughter than a slaughter house. The animal has it's nose burried in feed then shot in the head. I don't know the cost but they sell big bags of dog bones with so much meat on them a person could boil for stew for $5.

Is there a pretty large feeder outfit somewhere in southern Virginia? My feed guy was telling me his son takes a lot (he hauls for other people) of steers somewhere up there. He talked like it was all enclosed and a really nice operation.

Got 1 guy here that feeds maybe 700. Not big by feedlot standards but moves a lot of calves.

Could be these folks. Looks like they've got a place pretty close to KT. Could stop by "The Patio" and get a big cheeseburger on the way home.

http://www.chcattleco.com/home.html

Could be these folks. Looks like they've got a place pretty close to KT. Could stop by "The Patio" and get a big cheeseburger on the way home.

http://www.chcattleco.com/home.html
Several people in this area take calves to them. Particularly the ones that want to avoid the sale commission. Plus, as I understand it, they only buy the ones that meet their specifications. If they don't buy a calf, you have to take it back home.

Several people in this area take calves to them. Particularly the ones that want to avoid the sale commission. Plus, as I understand it, they only buy the ones that meet their specifications. If they don't buy a calf, you have to take it back home.
I am friends with the owner of the one in Lee Co but never take a calf there. He is a good person but im not interested in only 1 buyer giving what they want. Their price yesterday.and today is .15 to as much as .45 cheaper than market. So lets average that at .30. On a 500lb calf thats $150 lost to save a commission of $17 at our barn here.
All #2 are turned away or bought very cheap and a guy picks them up that night. He got 19 calves yesterday .
Again the owner is a good person but its just not for me. I can't drive farther to take $133 less from my above example.
sstterry, lets compare to the Knoxville Livestock Center which is closer to you and much easier haul.
Up in Lee Co the highest price yesterday for 3wt or 4wt steers was 2.35. Knoxville had heavy 4wt steers as high as 2.80.
People need to compare markets now. Its a really good time to make money or to give it away.

Last edited:
300 miles east and the price drops at least $25 it looks like. I was looking at todays prices at the Glade Spring site and thinking they looked decent. I'll compare those to today's local prices when they post them tomorrow.

Latest posts