New Bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I like how he moves a lot. He should give you some good females. How high was his milk epd? My experience is that when they get over 20 milk they become harder to keep flesh on, losing efficiency for performance.

Looks good. Sale catalog shows a picture of his dam. Nice cow. Noticed that EPD's were not listed on the bulls in the catalog. Is that normal in Canada? Especially liked the red simmental bull lot 810.

I like how he moves a lot. He should give you some good females. How high was his milk epd? My experience is that when they get over 20 milk they become harder to keep flesh on, losing efficiency for performance.
He's 25 on milk but he's not going on any heavy milker so I guess we'll see how the heifers do on that front.

Looks good. Sale catalog shows a picture of his dam. Nice cow. Noticed that EPD's were not listed on the bulls in the catalog. Is that normal in Canada? Especially liked the red simmental bull lot 810.
They usually do. Not sure why they didn't list them this year. The guy who bought that Simmi got a steal of a deal at 7000. He was impressive in person.

I disagree with you on high milk epd and losing flesh. I have a first calf heifer with a calf on her. Her milk epd is 36 she is at least a body score 7. She is easily my most fleshy cow. Maybe all those cows need is feed.

I disagree with you on high milk epd and losing flesh. I have a first calf heifer with a calf on her. Her milk epd is 36 she is at least a body score 7. She is easily my most fleshy cow. Maybe all those cows need is feed.
You just answered your own question and missed what I said.

We sacrifice efficiency for performance. In my world I am more concerned with how many dollars profit is in each cow rather than how heavy her calf is. There is a difference.

I also picked up this yearling.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210316-221511_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-221511_Samsung Internet.jpg
    703.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20210316-214756_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210316-214756_Samsung Internet.jpg
    595.8 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts