new 4 wheeler

Help Support CattleToday:

bigbull338

Reaction score
well i ended up buying a new 4 wheeler.got a new 2015 honda rancher 420 2 wd drive.got it for a great price gave $5100 for it.i dont like not having 4wd drive but i can live without it right now.the new 500 rubicon like i had was $8400.the reason i bought the new 4 wheeler was that mine was toast.it was going to take $2300 to over haul it.and it was only worth $2500.so the smart thing was to buy a new 4 wheeler.

Has anyone driven one of these with power steering? Thats something I would love to have. I spot spray a lot on my old 2004 rancher and it would sure be helpful in tight quarters when moving real slow.

bird dog":1zf9xav0 said:
Has anyone driven one of these with power steering? Thats something I would love to have. I spot spray a lot on my old 2004 rancher and it would sure be helpful in tight quarters when moving real slow.

Uncle bought a Polaris with power steering, once you drive one you wouldn't buy one without it. Congrats BigBull, I'm a Honda guy too.

if i go back to the rubicon i would get the power steering.i would also go back to 4wd drive.this was a had to have it now as we use it to check cows.

bigbull338":3sl9zj96 said:
if i go back to the rubicon i would get the power steering.i would also go back to 4wd drive.this was a had to have it now as we use it to check cows.
Evidently you prefer the 4 wheelers to UTVs...just a personal preference??

TexasBred":2zmkxzyo said:
bigbull338":2zmkxzyo said:

I'm not BigBull but I bought a John Deere Gator the other day and can't imagine farming without it now. I haven't driven my ATV's in months. Handy as socks on a rooster.

J&D Cattle":2yeezd55 said:
TexasBred":2yeezd55 said:
bigbull338":2yeezd55 said:

I'm not BigBull but I bought a John Deere Gator the other day and can't imagine farming without it now. I haven't driven my ATV's in months. Handy as socks on a rooster.
I know what you mean about the Gators... I couldn't imagine farming without them as well!! But I must say that there are some chores that I would rather do on my ATV!! I enjoy getting out and checking cows on the ATV, especially when I have to cover a lot of land or have to go looking for them in the woods. I guess it is good to have both!!

I have the rancher as well as a side by side Kubota. I would hate to be without either one. The Kubota does the work while the little machine is my horse. It goes everywhere with me when it is muddy or when there are cows to be caught or moved. The little machine also fits easily in the cattle trailer with a load of animals.

the q has been asked why i didnt buy an RTV.well ive rode 3 and 4 wheelers since i was 10yrs old.so thats 40yrs.ive got a buddy that he and his family bought 3 mules and 3 4 wheelers 8 months ago.we use the 4 wheeler to cover alot of ground checking cows and fences fast.we take the 4 wheeler in the woods.the RTV couldnt go into the woods.yes it would be handy hauling feed and fencing supplys.and yes i need 1 when i have people come look at calves.so ill prolly by 1 in the future.i went ahead and put the best mudd gripp tires on the rear that they had.

I just got rid of mine.

https://www.google.co.nz/?gws_rd=ssl#q= ... arlborough
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming ... ke-helmets

World is going crazy. Not having the bike means I'll wear out sooner, is all - been carrying 15 - 20 kg of mineral to each herd daily (2 herds) at the back of the farm following heavy rain, till the ground dried out enough to get the truck back there without tearing up the track.
The bikes sure have their uses!
I was going to have to replace mine soon anyway, only good thing about the timing.
Now my neighbour says we have to wear seatbelts on tractors. Just to make sure that if anything goes wrong it's impossible to bail out...

regolith":2rnpk71o said:
I just got rid of mine.

https://www.google.co.nz/?gws_rd=ssl#q= ... arlborough
http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farming ... ke-helmets

World is going crazy. Not having the bike means I'll wear out sooner, is all - been carrying 15 - 20 kg of mineral to each herd daily (2 herds) at the back of the farm following heavy rain, till the ground dried out enough to get the truck back there without tearing up the track.
The bikes sure have their uses!
I was going to have to replace mine soon anyway, only good thing about the timing.
Now my neighbour says we have to wear seatbelts on tractors. Just to make sure that if anything goes wrong it's impossible to bail out...
That's a bunch of BS. We'll probably have those rules before long here in the US of A. We already are required to wear a seat belt while driving a vehicle.

geez.. not to be a d!ck but seems like you gave a lot for a 2wd. they are brand new up here for like 3800.. i've seen new rancher 4x4's for 5200.. bought mine new in '10 for 5200.

the rancher 4x4 was $6500 at both dealers i checked.now i couldve wennt with the kawasakie mule 4x4 or the 750 brute force 4x4 for $6500 or $6900.i needed a 4 wheeler quick so i went cheap.in 3yrs or less ill prolly get a mule or the bigest 4x4 wheeler i can get.

bigbull338":jrmd4ruu said:
the rancher 4x4 was $6500 at both dealers i checked.now i couldve wennt with the kawasakie mule 4x4 or the 750 brute force 4x4 for $6500 or $6900.i needed a 4 wheeler quick so i went cheap.in 3yrs or less ill prolly get a mule or the bigest 4x4 wheeler i can get.
if you use a lot of diesel i'd go with that.. its insane how many miles they can go w/ a tank. I don't even have my kubato broke in yet and its getting like 150 miles on a tank..

Latest posts