National Fast Food Day

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
November 16 is National fast food day.
It's advertised Wendy's is giving a free order of fries with any purchase today.
Can't say I have ever eaten regularly at any fast food place.

But when I was a kid (before I could drive) I thought it was great on the rare occasions when parents brought home a bucket of KFC chicken. After I could drive
I loved Taco John's, but that faded after I turned 21. For a short time Clark's Submarine Sandwiches, but they went bankrupt. In the last 30 years I've rarely eaten fast food, but Subway would be the most frequent place and even though
I have only been there once, I was very impressed with Chick-Fil-A.

What's your favorite?

Last edited:
It's advertised Wendy's is giving a free order of fries with any purchase today.

But when I was a kid (before I could drive) I thought it was great on the rare occasions when parents brought home a bucket of KFC chicken. After I could drive
I loved Taco John's, but that faded after I turned 21. For a short time Clark's Submarine Sandwiches, but they went bankrupt. In the last 20 years I've rarely eaten fast food, but Subway would be the most frequent place and even though

What's your favorite?
I know people that would kill for Chick-Fil-A, but I can't stand it. The breading is too sweet for my taste. I can remember a time when they were only in the Atlanta area and any trip we made down there had to include a stop for my wife (then gf). People around here would drive 60 miles to eat at an Arby's back then too. I never saw the attraction of eating processed, formed, then shaved beef myself.

Not a big fan of McDonalds, but I do like a McGriddle once in a great while. Burger King is way better for a fast food burger IMO.

I still like KFC, but there aren't any close by so that's a rarity. Popeye's chicken isn't as good, but their sides are better.

Subway has really gone down the gutter IMO. I like Jimmy John's a lot more.

It has never been a more than 2-3 times a week thing for me.

The nearest Love's Truck stop has an Arbys..IMO, it's terrible.

In town, Subway is anything BUT fast.

I haven't eaten at a MacDufus in a long long time and I suppose Taco Hell is still churning out it's Mysterymeat masquerading as ground beef. Whataburger is my go to place.

Why, is the burger king's head so big?

Last edited:
At the risk of being publicly shamed, I love McDonald's. Especially the sausage/egg/cheese McMuffin and their iced coffee. That said, I rarely actually eat there. But any time I'm in town, I bring a granola bar, order an iced coffee, and call it "lunch".

My 2nd fave is Braums. Love me a bacon-burger kids meal!

I use fast food for times when I need to eat, but just need something quick easy. I usually use the drive-through and very rarely eat inside. I use Pizza Hut and McDonalds most often because they are close. I suppose my favorite is KFC. I also like Wendy's, Arby's, Taco Bell and White Castle. Subway is too time consuming for me. I like to say "Give me a number 1," instead of having to tell them every ingredient down to the bread.

One thing I dislike is ordering for someone else in the vehicle, and they want changes like, "I want a quarter pounder with Big Mac Sauce and no lettuce but extra pickles. I also want………". I just like it simple: "Give me a #1."

I loved Taco John's, but that faded after I turned 21. For a short time Clark's Submarine Sandwiches, but they went bankrupt. In the last 30 years I've rarely eaten fast food, but Subway would be the most frequent place and even though

What's your favorite?
Home cooked.

The nearest Love's Truck stop has an Arbys..IMO, it's terrible.

In town, Subway is anything BUT fast.

I haven't eaten at a MacDufus in a long long time and I suppose Taco Hell is still churning out it's Mysterymeat masquerading as ground beef. Whataburger is my go to place.

Why, is the burger king's head so big?
It's swollen from preservatives!!🤣

Back in '95 after I broke my back in the woods I went to work at a conservation district. After 20+ years of eating a soggy peanut butter sandwich for lunch I was suddenly surrounded by every fast food place there is. I went crazy. And had my fill of fast food.
It is 30 miles to town where there is a McDonalds, Subway, and Taco Time. That is all there is for fast food. Maybe a couple times a year I will get a sausage, egg, McMuffin if I didn't have breakfast and I am in town early. The other direction it is 50 miles to Ontario. I skirt the edge of town going to the sale but there is no fast food going that way. The freeway exit where all the fast food is located I probably don't go to more than once a year.

Back in '95 after I broke my back in the woods I went to work at a conservation district. After 20+ years of eating a soggy peanut butter sandwich for lunch I was suddenly surrounded by every fast food place there is. I went crazy. And had my fill of fast food.
It is 30 miles to town where there is a McDonalds, Subway, and Taco Time. That is all there is for fast food. Maybe a couple times a year I will get a sausage, egg, McMuffin if I didn't have breakfast and I am in town early. The other direction it is 50 miles to Ontario. I skirt the edge of town going to the sale but there is no fast food going that way. The freeway exit where all the fast food is located I probably don't go to more than once a year.

My husband broke his back in 2 places one time. 🤣😂 He was always such a baby about everything. We had gone camping and dirt bike riding. He kept saying his back hurt wouldn't ride and kept everyone up all night. I stop paying attention to him after the 2,000 trip to the ER over allergic or whatever. He had good insurance they decided he need all this ridiculous tests from MRIs, to whatever everything was pre approved they took advantage of that. He mom must have baby the heck out of him. The er had overdose him one time on pain medication he threw up the entire 30 minutes back home. That was from a dirt bike wreck. It became the ER trips nightmares. Turned out he actually had broke his back 2 different places. I felt bad but shoot if he hadn't been a million times to the ER over bullcrap for allergic medication and died 115 times previously, I may have took him serious. 🤣😉🤡

I don't eat fast food..... a pizza from a friend's pizza shop every once in a bluemoon. As for as franchise fast food... I'd rather let the cow chase me around the field. I just heard to many stories, don't see most as healthy nor clean. 🤢🤮 Does this really surprise anybody. 🙄 I will gladly eat with most homeless people out in the woods before eating fast food. I know I'm weird it's all good no weirder than the next. 😉

Right now our go to fast food place in town is Cookout. Hamburgers are real good, good selection of side orders, and milkshakes.
If we are in Lexington, which is the second largest city in the state, we usually stop by Chic Fil A, or Chipotle.
If we are on the road to Oklahoma, we stop off in Arkansas at the first Braums we come to then usually go a couple times to the Braums in Poteau OK while we are in that area.

There's a Culvers near here and according to my sister, they have a good chicken sandwich. I tried the burger. Not memorable. No real good or terrible impression.

My husband broke his back in 2 places one time. 🤣😂 He was always such a baby about everything. We had gone camping and dirt bike riding. He kept saying his back hurt wouldn't ride and kept everyone up all night. I stop paying attention to him after the 2,000 trip to the ER over allergic or whatever. He had good insurance they decided he need all this ridiculous tests from MRIs, to whatever everything was pre approved they took advantage of that. He mom must have baby the heck out of him. The er had overdose him one time on pain medication he threw up the entire 30 minutes back home. That was from a dirt bike wreck. It became the ER trips nightmares. Turned out he actually had broke his back 2 different places. I felt bad but shoot if he hadn't been a million times to the ER over bullcrap for allergic medication and died 115 times previously, I may have took him serious. 🤣😉🤡

I don't eat fast food..... a pizza from a friend's pizza shop every once in a bluemoon. As for as franchise fast food... I'd rather let the cow chase me around the field. I just heard to many stories, don't see most as healthy nor clean. 🤢🤮 Does this really surprise anybody. 🙄 I will gladly eat with most homeless people out in the woods before eating fast food. I know I'm weird it's all good no weirder than the next. 😉
"I'm weird it's all good no weirder than the next."

Don't sell yourself short Shell.

Latest posts