Nabs

Help Support CattleToday:

ALACOWMAN

Reaction score
https://i2.wp.com/www.brandlandusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/20110517-083905.jpg never really knew where that term came from that the old folks call peanut butter crackers.....coke and a pack of nabs..

ALACOWMAN said:
https://i2.wp.com/www.brandlandusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/20110517-083905.jpg never really knew where that term came from that the old folks call peanut butter crackers.....coke and a pack of nabs..

I grew up hearing that as well. I find myself still saying it.

RC Cola and a Moon Pie is another old favorite.

Love a moon pie..can't find RC in a bottle anymore even plastic ,all cans .....the cans screws up the true taste of the old drinks..nothing like a sun drop are Mountain Dew in the glass bottles

My dad worked in town, but raised several acres of tobacco. He'd drop me off at a tobacco patch on his way to work, and swing by on his way home to pick me up. A handful of nabs, and a jug water was the menu everyday.

I had never heard the term "Nabs" until recently on a video from a farmer from NC. However, RC and Moonpie was a staple snack when I was growing up. The Moonpies were a lot bigger back then too. Heck, I can remember when Mountian Dew was only sold in East Tennessee.

ALACOWMAN, I am pretty sure I have seen RC in a bottle around here recently. I will try to think to look the next time I am in a Grocery Store.

This is the first time I've heard the term. How about "Jack's cookies"? They were loose in a big clear jar on a shelf in the store. You'd reach in there and get however many you wanted and would be charged accordingly.

sstterry said:
I had never heard the term "Nabs" until recently on a video from a farmer from NC. However, RC and Moonpie was a staple snack when I was growing up. The Moonpies were a lot bigger back then too. Heck, I can remember when Mountian Dew was only sold in East Tennessee.

ALACOWMAN, I am pretty sure I have seen RC in a bottle around here recently. I will try to think to look the next time I am in a Grocery Store.

I watch that lady. I enjoy seeing how they do things.

Bigfoot said:
sstterry said:

In one video they were using the wire un-roller my father invented.

Recently he took some steers to market and I was amazed at the extremely low price they got. If I recall these looked like 4 weights and they only brought about $1.20

sstterry said:
Bigfoot said:
sstterry said:

Recently he took some steers to market and I was amazed at the extremely low price they got. If I recall these looked like 4 weights and they only brought about $1.20

I saw that. Not sure what they weighed, but they were cheap at any weight.

Bigfoot said:
sstterry said:
Bigfoot said:

I saw that. Not sure what they weighed, but they were cheap at any weight.

They weren't pre-conditioned either. He banded them and took them. As I recall he also sold a group private treaty.

Latest posts